UTI

Healing experiences

'so, I'd like some help if someone can offer it. I've been parcticing acupuncture now for a few months (yes, I'm attending a professional education) and I combine my treatments with some point-based healing (no, i have no education in this). I get some good results with the combination, better that just the needles alone, so after I followed my intuition into it the first time I kept at it. Now I have a few things I wonder if anyone can help me out with though:

1-Pop:

The popping sound. What the heck is that? I'm doing something on someone, working inside their body, and suddenly there's a "pop". Happened several times by now.

2-sting:

So this is outside the body. I'm using my middle and fore-finger to stimulate an acupuncture point, and there's a jolt through my fingers. Can't tell if it's to or from me, but it feels like an electrical shock. wtf? It's happened a few times as well. Mostly on the belly, around tianshu (st25) and qihai (ren6).

3-vortex:

This one happened just yesterday. I'm stimulating the drawing-in and grounding of yongquan (K1)on a patient, and suddenly everything starts spinning. It's like I'm caught in a whirlwind coming from the ground. I felt the energy was meant for the patient, so I directed it that way, which diminished the surge slightly, but I had to let a lot of it back down into the ground or I would have fallen over.

If anyone could explain any of these experiences or relate it to their own it would both be interesting and helpful.

-J

'so, I'd like some help if someone can offer it. I've been parcticing acupuncture now for a few months (yes, I'm attending a professional education) and I combine my treatments with some point-based healing (no, i have no education in this). I get some good results with the combination, better that just the needles alone, so after I followed my intuition into it the first time I kept at it. Now I have a few things I wonder if anyone can help me out with though:

1-Pop:

The popping sound. What the heck is that? I'm doing something on someone, working inside their body, and suddenly there's a "pop". Happened several times by now.

2-sting:

So this is outside the body. I'm using my middle and fore-finger to stimulate an acupuncture point, and there's a jolt through my fingers. Can't tell if it's to or from me, but it feels like an electrical shock. wtf? It's happened a few times as well. Mostly on the belly, around tianshu (st25) and qihai (ren6).

3-vortex:

This one happened just yesterday. I'm stimulating the drawing-in and grounding of yongquan (K1)on a patient, and suddenly everything starts spinning. It's like I'm caught in a whirlwind coming from the ground. I felt the energy was meant for the patient, so I directed it that way, which diminished the surge slightly, but I had to let a lot of it back down into the ground or I would have fallen over.

If anyone could explain any of these experiences or relate it to their own it would both be interesting and helpful.

-J

I get popping sounds all the time -- it's just the electrochemical jing energy clearing out blockages in the tendons or sinuses, etc.

On the jolt -- chi energy -- just watch John Chang on youtube doing his acupuncture.

On the spinning -- that is the spirit cosmic shen energy -- but you have to build up your kidney energy first or you get spinning. So just focus your energy in the lower tan tien. The kidney is activated by the inner ears which regulate balance. So if there is shen spirit travel out of the body before the spirit is strong enough from the chi energy in the lower tan tien then it causes spinning. I had this happen real strong and then I stopped practicing intensely -- the room was spinning around me. So the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" gives the details -- I have the download on my blog for the book for free link http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com --

ah yeah popping right after a healing is a clear indication. Do you guys ever get involuntary leg movements? After meditating my legs sometimes shoot out, I sometimes barely feel it. I can't say my legs are healing for sure, but surely something is happening.

ah yeah popping right after a healing is a clear indication. Do you guys ever get involuntary leg movements? After meditating my legs sometimes shoot out, I sometimes barely feel it. I can't say my legs are healing for sure, but surely something is happening.

Well this might be similar to the jerking when someone is falling asleep which is caused by the nerves relaxing. So there is a sudden jolt.

Yeah, I get that sometimes too. I notice after a good meditation session where the energy is high, after uncrossing my legs they will go from partially numb to fully functional in about 5-10 seconds.

Also during meditation often my back or neck will suddenly straighten or adjust with a *crack* sound, the neck is particularly loud due to a long time blockage.

But you can definitely feel the difference in quality of energy and focus after the energy clears your alignment.

I also get a lot of popping. I think its kinks in the fascia releasing. Could also be tendons/ligaments. Electric shocks and spinning are unknown to me though.

What sort of energy practices do you do, aside from acupuncture?

I get popping sounds all the time -- it's just the electrochemical jing energy clearing out blockages in the tendons or sinuses, etc.

On the jolt -- chi energy -- just watch John Chang on youtube doing his acupuncture.

On the spinning -- that is the spirit cosmic shen energy -- but you have to build up your kidney energy first or you get spinning. So just focus your energy in the lower tan tien. The kidney is activated by the inner ears which regulate balance. So if there is shen spirit travel out of the body before the spirit is strong enough from the chi energy in the lower tan tien then it causes spinning. I had this happen real strong and then I stopped practicing intensely -- the room was spinning around me. So the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" gives the details -- I have the download on my blog for the book for free link http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com --

Thanks for the input! Not sure about the paralell between my jolts and JC, since my projection was constant but the jolt was small and sudden, but who knows? The patients reacted with "WHAT are you doing now? It feels strange!"

I'll definitely check that book out, sounds intersting!

Oh yeah, movement is definitely there. The body part I'm sending energy down often spasms on the patient. I see it as "wind", a sudden stir in qi in that area. Most often though the patient doesn't notice this, they just say that, during the time they were moving, they were unaware of it and deeply relaxed. I first took it as the same sort of spasm as before falling asleep, but as it coincides with where I direct energy I'm choosing to interpret it further.

Thanks for all the answers! It's really valuable for me to take part of you guys' experiences with this stuff, keep it coming!

I also get a lot of popping. I think its kinks in the fascia releasing. Could also be tendons/ligaments. Electric shocks and spinning are unknown to me though.

What sort of energy practices do you do, aside from acupuncture?

Yeah but I'm not sure the pop is physical. It's more like a pop inside the air of the room. The patient never hears it either.

I practice MCO-meditation (a practice called yigong I learnt from a doctor in stockholm) and neigong (neigong from Practical Tai chi chuan, taught by dan docherty). Also empty meditation, and a form of meditation I do for "boosts", which is a bit weirder to explain. I train 1-3 hours a day usually.