Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

anyone doing Winn's sexual taichi?

If any of you get a chance to play with Jerry Stocking I couldn't recomend it more highly! And Slavinski's techniques are incredible - his Deep Peat technique is probably the quickest, most profound thing you can do (takes maximum 3 hours, can be done by phone)...

What is Stocking's stuff? I couldn't really tell from the website..what's his background on the chi stuff?

lol Thanks for that, Peregrino... you just played a big part in a synchronisity! I've been coming up with Joycean style poetry with "eggcorn" type puns. I've been throwing them all away... because when I write down what came up in my head, I find more and more and more interconnections and puns and stuff... so I have to destroy the poem before it has a chance to damage my mind! I'll check that guy's blog out sounds cool!

anyway, thanks, you brightened up my day!

I'd love to check out some more of your inspired "eggcorn" verse, Freeform!

One warning about Robert Godwin, though: he's great when he's on the subject of cultivation in the "vertical dimension," but horrible when he gets to the horizontal, with endless political tirades on his blog. He's a rabid right-winger, far beyond my own "skeptical liberalism," vigilant as I am about radical Islamism. Still, even when I disagree with him, his terminology is always amusing!

I heard his book, _One Cosmos Under God_, is excellent, and he apparently doesn't push any political buttons in it. He also gave a great interview on Andrew Cohen's _What is Enlightenment_ site (and I am by no means an Andrew Cohen fan) in which he gives props to my big MT (mimetic theory) influences, Rene Girard and Gil Bailie.

Here's his header from onecosmos.blogspot.com:

Circumnavelgazing the Whole Existentialada of Lumin Development, with Mental Gymgnostics, Verticalisthenics, Dilettantric Yoga, Stand-up Cosmology, Upunnishantical Weirdplay and Jehovial Wittiness, Plus Conservatrippin' & Flippin' Out with Isness Ministration, Adam & Evolution, Bewilderness Adventures, Inword Mobility, and Upward Nobility

:lol: Well I'm glad I'm coming accross as scientifically educated, but I'm not... ('interaction design' is my field) I am however interested in science in a layman sort of way, so I end up reading quite a few scientific publications (I used to much more than I do now)... From what I can remember the mice study was either in Scientific American or New Scientist magazine - I usually keep the interesting copies, so I'll sift through and see if I can find it.

One of my best friends is an evolitionary biologist and it was he who mentioned the galapagos study, so I'll enquire about the specific study.

Ramachandran's an interesting dude, his research on neurology has many applications (including psychology and interaction design). I went to a public lecture course organised by the BBC - he was one of the major speakers.

Thanks, I am looking forward.

Sorry if I could not answer before but work spicked :)

Thaddeus,

Primordial isn't from Chia, and the teacher who it comes from has a very pleasant aura about him-- he's on the dvd.

I'm not suggesting that you can mindlessly wave your arms around and get enlightened, but you can wave your arms around and experience a very unique and powerful energy flowing. When I do Primordial with in a distracted, mindless manner the practice is irritating. When I do it with just a hint of mindfulness, it is very nourishing. It's a totally different vibe from other cultivation practices that I have been exposed to, so it's an interesting animal. It has such a strong feel of lineage, that it's worth experimenting with imo.

Thelerner's second exercise posted above is one of the sexual qigong drills on the dvd, btw.

-Yoda

Pietro,

This month's Discover magazine has an amazing article on epigenetics and how by running mazes, the "dumb" rats may be changing(???) their genetic material. (!) There's some mention that by eating onions and garlic that this genetic manipulation can be enhanced. Which suddenly gives more credence to the claim of an herb to reverse aging, etc... that the expression of certain genes can be squelched or enhanced. Of course, nobody really knows jack about the situation... that's why God created Taobums.

Here's the wiki on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetic_inheritance

I'd respond to the wiki article that this insight does open the door to Lamarckist theory and I believe that in the years to follow will prove that Lamarck was right. The Discover article points out that Darwin was at least partially a Lamarckist too!

-Yoda

Very interesting results. Yet I am not sure if this is really a rebirth of lamarckianism. FOr as much as we meditator might desire it. The Epigenetic Inheritance does not seem so much to involve an actual change of the DNA, but more changes of what part of the DNA gets expressed. Is a bit like when we were kids, and we would go to school. The teacher would tell us what pert of the book to read, and what to jump. Sure he had great power, but he could not just come out with true novelty.

Hi Peregrino, totally unrelated. I just received Eurabia and I am starting to read it. I would say that I don't agree with how the critics of the west to Israel are just a part of a vast cospiracy (no one like to thinks that his thoughts have been inserted from somone else, not even me). But the description of how the Islamic world is penetrating Europe is very precise. I am now wondering how could this go hand in hand with the understanding that the official version of the twin towers is so faulty, from a purely basic laws of physics POV

Sign in to follow this