Sign in to follow this  
Cheshire Cat

Phosphenism

Phosphenism

What do you think about this?

Any experience, etc... ?

I think practice devoid of dogma is a step in the direction of the tao. I feel that religious dogma is a battle of semantics which neither-side can prove or disprove, yet continue to argue about. That is such a waste of time imo. Religious dogma seems to derail, while being contrary, to the ultimate truth of oneness. For there to exist god there must exist something to distinguish it. So with god inevitably come non-god at the very least, which at the very least, contradicts the concept of oneness.

This is of course assuming god is anything other than all existence. Would I consider an Alien "God" if he displayed advanced technology that were beyond my comprehension? Not this day and age, but maybe in the past before the modern inventions that further my understanding of possibilities.

Becoming one with god is even contradictory in this sense, because it is defining as something different and separate from what you already are. So even by saying you are one with the tao, you imply that you are also something other than tao, or ever was something other.

Holy crap, this is getting confusing, I feel like I just went full circle.

• Like 1

Phosphenism is about yoga-oriented practices that lead to spiritual experiences.

They talk about experience and tecniques that mix visualization with light hallucinations...

Sign in to follow this