Ya Mu

Medical (Qigong Healing, Clinical Qigong) Qigong Styles

Just as any professional field of study, it is costly to get a real education.

There are no books that I can recommend. However, if you are really interested in learning there are a couple of programs I can recommend. Books will never get a person to the same point that real education will. Want to be a brain surgeon? Which book is recommended so one can learn it and actually utilize it? Medical Qigong in its own way IS as complicated and in many ways MORE complicated.

Indeed. Some people think that learning skill and memorizing protocol are difficult, it may be so, but manifesting wellness is so simple?

Edited by de_paradise

not everyone can recover. the Will of Heaven will ultimately have its way....

This needs repeating.

• Like 1

I hear you. :) Perhaps that's what attracted me to Michael Lomax's system -- the freakin' simplicity. Once one can let go. :)

Wasn't it Lao Tzu who said something to the effect... "My way is simple and easy" ???

Simplicity is elegance.

• Like 1

The Stillness-Movement system of Qigong that Michael Lomax teaches is indeed a simple system. One can learn the energetic portion I feel with relative ease. That is not to say that you don't have to invest considerable time and effort in order to become accomplished in the system. As with anything worth having you must be willing to work for it.

When I talk symplicity I want to first refer to the Stillness-Movement meditation. My background is in Martial Arts and I specialize in Kata and the breakdown and utilization of the moves in Kata for self-defense purposes. These application of these moves is generally applied against the an opponents energy channels or utilizes a specific angle and direction to break bones and disable an attacker. Many of the Kata contain 30, 40, 50 60 or 70 or more moves with specific weight distribution, foot angle, hand/arm angle, and the Kata can take years to learn and much longer to master if you can ever truly master the kata.

However, in contrast Stillness-Movement does require you to let go....let go of all the garbage that is constantly challenging your mind for attention and just think about nothing. This is easier then it sounds...but when you can finally do this you get lost in the meditation process - 15 minutes becomes and hour which can become two hours. You body can shake, bounce, twitch, etc as it kicks off stagnant Qi. What is paramount to this system is that the teacher - Michael Lomax - is able to start/transfer the Qi of the lineage to the student. This was done to me approx 4 years ago and I bounced and swayed front to back, side to side, at the time wondering why I couldn't keep my balance only to discover that I was receiving a powerful Qi projection from Michael as i was trying to maintain. So, I just let go and the result(s) has been incredible. Prior to my first workshop I had been experiencing incredible chronic pain in my feet (perhaps too many years of martial arts on hard floor) and nothing had helped. But, after one weekend workshop I noticed that the pain had let up -- it had actually become a pain level that I could tolerate. This was one of the first though not last amazing incidences from the first workshop.

The next amazing feet (play on words) was my own ability to project Qi after one weekend workshop. Now at this point I wasn't ready to go out and heal the world, however, I was so charged up with the Qigong that I had learned on Saturday that when I got home (I only lived 30 minutes from where the workshop was being held) my wife had a horrific headache and with a witness on hand projected Qi at her and poof within seconds myself and the witness noticed her change in look, clarity in eyes, change in skin tone etc and holy smoke the headache was gone. My wife agreed her headache was gone...are you kidding me after one day at the workshop? No kidding it worked that well.

Well after that day I was hooked. Yet there is quite a bit more to the lineage and the Teachings of Michael. The Gift of the Tao Neigong movement system was right up my alley only much simpler than the Kata(s) that I have learned. Now somewhere lurching around in my brain are up to 70+ katas ranging in movments anywhere from 25 moves up to over 100 moves. They are complicated. The Gift of the Tao does take time and effort to learn, but it is much different from Kata that have strict rules about angle/direction, weight distribution. Once again when doing the Gift of the Tao Neigong movement -- a person needs to be able to let go...relax, and actually I have seen superb results from doing these moves in slow motion. Michael invested many years in refining these moves and allowing them to replicate the energetic patterns that he see's when doing Stillness-Movement in addition, Master wang had final approval on all of the moves...so rightfully so the final move is "Salute to Master Wang". The beauty of the Gift of the Tao is that when a person is learning these moves you don't have to have the entire sequence memorized to gain considerable benefit. You can for instance have learned the first 3 moves and practice these moves for 5, 10 , 15 minutes or longer and find yourself cast into an incredibly relaxed and energized state. Then just add a move or two as you get comfortable with the moves. And your form doesn't have to be perfect for you to get a passing grade...you will get the benefit of the Qi as it swirls around you and you absorb or it absorbs you.

What about the Medical Qigong ....the techniques contained within the lineage? These are incredibly powerful techniques. Lets just say that I have graduated from headaches to a much broader diverse use of the Medical Techniques. I have treated asthma, shingles, meuniere's disease, an array of digestive disorders, skin disorders, migraine, all sorts of debilitating pain, cardiovascular issues, ALS, and animals with assorted issues. The results have been phenomenal -- not 100% but pretty darn close. Plus, this is a true lineage...once a person learns to "listen" the past Masters of the Lineage will help direct you. I just ask for help when needed and I will get direction on how to help the patient....plus I have been directed to show up at locations where my help is needed. I just happen to walk around a corner and some type of accident or incident has just happens that requires my assistance. Yes, we do project Qi. I believe the more time and effort I put into developing my Qi that the more powerful the projection gets. I have been practicing some advanced Qi building techniques from the Stillness system and shortly after beginning practicing these advanced methods i noticed that most of my patients would start shaking and moving during My Medical Qi projection -- this includes several horses that I treated. You should have seen the eyes on the horse being treated, the horse watching the treatment, and the veterinarian that owned both of the horses that was watching the event. And yes, the horse was better afterwards -- he had a problem that no one else could resolve although several had tried over the previous two years. I treated him once with The Taoist Neuro-Energetic Healing followed by direct Qi projection and the back leg he had been dragging for 2 years was no longer dragging! So just last week the Vet called me and asked me to treat one of her other horses (the one that always watched.) I think he was just jealous that he wasn't getting the Qi treatment.

So, I encourage anybody that is thinking about learning Qigong for their own benefit or would even like to take it a step further and learn Medical Qigong to either become a family healer or to help others to take time and investigate Micahel Lomax and Stillness-Movement. Invest some time and effort and attend a workshop and see for yourself how you can make a difference....

Thanks,

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 7

To add a few:

-"Image Medicine," the medical qigong taught at an international medical qigong academy in Beijing by Master Xu Mingtang and his senior students. Xu Mingtang has been invited to present at Harvard, has treated US congresspeople's family members, and has a wide following in Eastern Europe... More info at Kundawell

-Wan Su Jian qigong, though I have no idea if external healing techniques are taught to people who aren't on his staff

-Puti Gong (菩提功)

-Master Pei Xi Rong's Wudang qigong involved medical applications of the sort being discussed here, although I don't know if anybody is currently teaching it this way or serving as a healer

In China I have come across some smaller lineages (family, Buddhism-derived, Daoism-derived), as well as practitioners of Buddhism and Daoism who apparently have developed the ability to fagong (发功) as side effects of practice, even though they are not specifically working towards being qigong healers.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

As a graduate of The International Institute Of Medical Qigong, whilst it was run by Jerry Alan Johnston (I studied in the UK with one of his graduates), I'd like to offer my perspective on Medical Qigong, and the form I'm now teaching, which is called Zhineng Qigong.

Jerry Allan Johnstone's knowledge was exceptional.

Yes, it's all about working with ones energy, so that through various techniques one can emit ones Qi into others to "open blockages" etc.

Then there's a stunning wealth of "prescriptions" and strategies on offer to help keep the treatment going.

As with all the Qigong systems I've encountered it's a "Closed" system, i.e it required the practitioner to change the balance of the client’s energy to bring about a healing.

The flaw in this plan, is that even if your gongfu is extremely powerful, you can't be with the patient all day, every day.

I think it's fair to say that more than 90% of our physical problems have an emotional root.

This is why a tumour can be removed from a breast, for it only to come back again a few years later, the energetic flow "pools" in the tissue again.

Zhineng Qigong was developed over many years by Dr Pang Ming, and trialled for 10 years in his Huaxia Medicine-less hospital, outside Beijing.

He published figures that demonstrated a positive effect in 95% of all cases, with some truly astonishing examples of spontaneous recovery. (I'm working with and studying with a group of the original teachers right now, some of their narrative is astounding..)

He called it an "Open" system. All the patients were referred to as Students; they were there to learn how to cure themselves. (Give a man a fish. he'll survive for a day, give him a fishing rod...)

This is one of the reasons that Zhineng is still countenanced, all be it quietly, in China today, when other systems are still frowned upon. Dr Pang has removed himself as the head, there's nobody to "revere" or put on a pedestal, just an excellent and simple healing method that anybody can learn, which at a higher level is about changing the consciousness or Reference Framework of the individual.

In short, whilst I'll never stop using aspects of my Medical Qigong training, Zhineng is now for me far and away the most effective method of self-healing I have come across.

If you’d like further details about the system, please feel free to contact me.

jem@ jemfm.com

(Email is Obviously without that big space in between – just trying to avoid being spammed out of sight!)

• Like 1