Stigweard

Tai-Chi-Wizard.com Blog

How To Remember the Tai Chi Form When You Are Practicing Alone

I often have my students ask me, "I keep forgetting the form outside of class when I try to practice on my own. How do I remember the Tai Chi form?"

Of course what happens often is that the student will practice only up to where they can remember and then stop. Thus their private practice time is severely limited and early progress can be inhibited or, as often happens, the student gets discouraged and gives up entirely.

Normally I would just give my standard response to this sort of question, "Practice more." But I got to thinking about it recently and wondered if there could be a way to help this process.

Read more on How To Remember the Tai Chi Form When You Are Practicing Alone

Is Taoism Pantheism??

This is in response to a recent question on Facebook. I was trying to keep it "short" but, as you can see, it became an impossible task. This is probably a good answer to anyone that asks "What is Taoism?"

----------

"Taoism" is pluralistic in that it is a multifaceted conglomerate of "traditions" all bound together by some common ontological threads.

Throughout the history of China there has been various "cultural purges" as one ideology gained ascendancy within a dynasty and tried to eradicated competing ideologies.

You had the Legalists whose "rule of law" during 200-300bc did a fair job of decimating some of the cultural heritage of the time.

During the Han Dynasty they tried to resurrect knowledge of Tao by collating as many texts as they could find on the various indigenous traditions. Gathered into the imperial libraries, this collection was categorised as Daojia 道家. Please note though that this collection (though it is impossible to say "exactly") contained elements of

Read more on Is Taoism Pantheism??

you have a great looking website stig,

the taoist/pantheist question was my first post in the lobby.

i remember Marblehead responded to it smile.gif

you have a great looking website stig,

the taoist/pantheist question was my first post in the lobby.

i remember Marblehead responded to it smile.gif

Thanks matey ... it's still in its baby phase. Probably another year before it's fully fleshed out.

:D