Cat Pillar

Being Honest with Myself

The implication being that "arguing" is somehow "bad".

Unnecessary judgment, and not necessarily true.

It can lead to many a constructive jumping off point, which can lead to many a revealing discussion.

Oh we can go much, much further.

For instance:

Where is the origination of your judgment which says fighting is always bad and never okay, but just the lesser of two evils?

Actually I've been giving this a lot of thought. I'm not perfect by the way, I'm the first to admit that. I'm the least normal person I know, but I try very hard to do what I believe is right. Does that mean it's right, not necessarily, only that I think it's what's right. So maybe fighting is alright and it's not always the lesser of two evils, but maybe it is too. I think in the end each of us has to choose that for themselves.

Aaron

I'm glad it brought a chuckle to you. I'm sure it does sound funny. I guess my question is this, which is more valuable your tv, dog, plant, and house or a human life. If someone came up to you and said, I'm going to take your house and the only thing you can do to stop me is kill me, would you kill him or give up the house? That's really the question I'm posing. What is more valuable? Even if you own that house, is it really worth more than a human life? My argument is that somewhere along the lines we stopped seeing what was actually valuable and started seeing other people as objects, rather than people. We like to think of these things we have as being special, but let me tell you they're not. I could give everything up today if I had to, simply because I know that in the end no one can take away peace and contentment from me, unless I choose to let them.

With that said, I despise bullies. They make my blood boil, especially the sneaky manipulative ones. It turns my stomach, but at the same time, if push comes to shove, I'll walk away in the end, rather than allow things to escalate to a physical confrontation. So you can speak your mind, express yourself and try to evoke change, but actual fighting should be the last thing on your mind.

I know this was a subtle jab at my philosophy, that your intent was to make it sound silly, but in the end what you're describing is a man at peace with the world. A man who realizes that the only things he needs to be happy are his family and himself. If you do end up needing to leave, I recommend letting the birds out of the cages and remembering that the cat and dog can take care of themselves if it comes down to it.

Aaron

Oh, I meant the feeders for the outside birds, they aren't in cages, I'm sure they would be fine without me, the cat wouldn't, she is very old and domesticated. I actually wasn't trying so much to pick at your philosophy, it have an odd sense of humor and got on an odd train of thought. I agree with you in a way although I probably would shoot the bad guy rather than let him have my house and take the family on the run. I probably could even end up happy in prison, first I'd be really pissed off then sad, then I'd probably realize the guards uniforms were really dorky and mentally re-design them and end up laying back to look at that enduring patch of sky and smile. Of course, I am spoiled, silly, ignorant, crazy and never did know when to let things drop, fortunately for me I never let any of that stop me from doing anything I wanted to do for long.