Mark Foote

waking up and falling asleep

Robert Monroe said that he finally realized one fail-safe way to return to his body when he was out of body, and that was to feel the movement of his own breath.

I listened to "DMT-The Spirit Molecule" the documentary the other day, it's on YouTube, and there was a gentleman describing a technique for lucid dreaming. He said everytime you pass through a doorway, ask yourself whether you are dreaming; he said one day, you will pass through a door in a dream and ask yourself, and then you will realize you are dreaming and can begin lucid dreaming. A friend of mine knew someone who tried it, but in the end the whole experience felt like a hall of mirrors (to that person).

A thought usually pulls me back to the body , either immediatley or through the dream which often involves using transport or flying back home.

It has happened on occasions to end up in some unknown room/house(which are seen very clearly) and sometimes taking a while to realise that this is not my room . This undrestanding in itself brings me back to body.

I ask myself if I am dreaming in the dream too -- this is usually triggered by noticing something unusual in the dream or just by doing routine check (done regardless of waking or dreaming state) on being present.

By asking dream figures if they are part of my dream and looking at the cause of this state of being - the dream ended up just disentregrating few times , showing itself to be like a film on the screen of life. Which results in entering interconnected state of being, which gave much understanding about life.

This guy is cool - Robert Waggoner on seeking the source of dreaming:

By asking dream figures if they are part of my dream and looking at the cause of this state of being - the dream ended up just disentregrating few times , showing itself to be like a film on the screen of life. Which results in entering interconnected state of being, which gave much understanding about life.

This guy is cool - Robert Waggoner on seeking the source of dreaming:

I like the video, the part about bits of awareness all connected and nothing to fear sounds a lot like what people have said about NDE.

Also what some people report experiencing through psychedelics, I guess. I know that sometimes I feel my sitting is open, and I have ease and joy, and when I get up and try to do the things I feel I must for my life the intention and the deadlines leave me wondering what good my practice is. Still, I have to believe that at least I'm aware of the discontinuity, I feel the loss and that's a start. I'm still learning to walk upright, seems like I was behind the door when that was passed out...

I like the video, the part about bits of awareness all connected and nothing to fear sounds a lot like what people have said about NDE.

Also what some people report experiencing through psychedelics, I guess. I know that sometimes I feel my sitting is open, and I have ease and joy, and when I get up and try to do the things I feel I must for my life the intention and the deadlines leave me wondering what good my practice is. Still, I have to believe that at least I'm aware of the discontinuity, I feel the loss and that's a start. I'm still learning to walk upright, seems like I was behind the door when that was passed out...

Or maybe the door itself is the gift that needs to be open.. ^_^

Yes ,I can see how the video may seem what some expirience through psychodelics. Psychodelics do introduce a taste of different dimension than just dry logic.

Dreamwork and dreamworld is like that too in some way - a fertile darkness where all the seeds are planted. :wub:

In the words of Some Person(?):

'Dreams is the language our soul speaks to us.'