Mandrake

TRE revisited: Body armour, trauma, David Berceli

Sounds like psychoanalysis in a new packaging : D, or have I completely misunderstood it?

Thanks -K-

Mandrake

I don't think you have misunderstood. I think there's something along those lines working in there. Although as far as I can recall from reading, psychoanalysis didn't actually 'cure' anyone. Indeed it got used elsewhere to make people sicker, but I digress. The understanding is given to you by someone/something else and you concur in one way or another. The understanding has to be good and resonant with whatever is bothering you for this to happen, as far as I can tell so far.

Then the other person fixes it (although I suppose one can work it on oneself, but I haven't gotten very practiced at it yet) and then you don't have the thing bothering you anymore. If you consider how you feel about it, it's just sort of 'huh, what?, not anything." I feel it has more affinity with homeopathy and what I've understood to be "shamanic" practices. The other thing that I find interesting is that it seems to 'work' without me having to invest any particular belief in it.

I guess the real test of it would be to use it on serious physical issues.

I've found a simpler definition of trauma to be useful for me...

Trauma is an experience that overwhelms and confuses the nervous system.

Confusion is the unique aspect to trauma.. that causes the energy to get stuck and cause problems..

More severe traumas include multiple events, physical injuries, life or death situations, etc.

and often overwhelm not only the nervous system but all of a person's defense mechanisms and coping methods..

One issue is that people only pay attention to severe traumas and overlook many minor traumas that happen all the time. So they search out magic methods to fix the big trauma, but never learn how to deal all the smaller traumas that are still unresolved in the system.

good point