Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Seth Ananda needing to be banned

Well if they're "true" like you say, then I don't see why you'd have a problem debating me.

Scotty is afraid he's going to "school you" but you won't admit it because Buddhists are so dishonest. ^_^

If it's done openly and publicly, there is more room for objectivity since others can read it as well and comment.

Frankly I think calling a whole tradition as inferior but not being willing to debate that claim publicly is way more disrespectful and dishonest than anything Seth said.

First point of agenda is that Seth certainly did clearly violate the "no insult" policy. He knew this and therefore must accept, in all fairness, the same consistent treatment that precedent has set. Therefore I vote that he cops a 7-day suspension.

I was thinking something more like 30 days!!!

Sunya should be suspended as well, for this post in this thread:

I chose to tell you how much of an arrogant snob you are in private.

Clear insult...in the midst of a conversation about insults. :wacko:

Plus he posted private conersations which weren't on this forum at all, against my permission, in an attempt to defame me. This goes against the forum terms and rules:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

I'm not sure if private conversations could be considered copyrighted material, also. If not, oh well. It still violates other rules here.

The second point of agenda is that Scotty has been deliberately confrontational and argumentative which certainly shares part responsibility for said reaction.

I take NO responsibility for the actions of these two Buddhist representatives. There is nothing wrong with arguing and being confrontational here.

Well if they're "true" like you say, then I don't see why you'd have a problem debating me.

I already told you why. Take "no" for a clear answer. Assume whatever you wish.

Frankly I think calling a whole tradition as inferior but not being willing to debate that claim publicly is way more disrespectful and dishonest than anything Seth said.

Already did that.

Not being willing to debate with you guys is WISDOM. :lol:

my god Scott you're acting like such a drama queen.

Another clear insult. It's being reported like your other insulting post in this thread.

Ahhh, I see...Then that means you really must not have any clue whatsoever what you're talking about when it comes to what constitutes "Buddhist enlightenment."

Just to clarify, to be buddhist it is my understanding that you have to become one by going to a Buddhist temple. Just believeing in Buddhism does not make you Buddhist. This is not some mean elitism made up to trick you.

Plus there are tenets. I dont see anyone following the dharmas here. If I am misteaken about people following the dharmas, please point it out.

Additionally, my final observation is that you have to be a TEACHER to discuss anything Buddhist if you are Buddhist. Otherwise I believe there are consequences for breaking tenets.

You can't compare VMarco's personality to Scotty's.

Read the Diamond Sutra. It actually says that if anyone shares the light of those truths then they get the merit of 100,000 whatevermedevers or something.

Pretending to be more adept than you are is against precepts, but trying to understand the philosophy in a group of people.. no. Saying "this is the way it is" and misleading is wrong if it's not put as "in my understanding" or similar.

Actually, I've never heard anyone say they are Enlightened, lol, until recently..

To quote sutras, etc., that is sharing the Dharma and is viewed as very good karma if not done to tally up points but to help people understand what was actually taught.

Where are you getting this 3 questions thing from? Either way, a temple is not the only place or way to become Enlightened.

FYI, I did go to a Zen dojo for a little while but it didn't work for what I do in meditation (because of the mandatory complete silence even of breathing, and also the time segmenting) so I meditate on my own for now and read on my own (which is also recommended by masters such as Liu I Ming, a Taoist, until you find the right teacher).. The time in the dojo was helpful, but I felt it wasn't the best for me right now, and it was the only place I could find that was similar. I may go back, eventually, but for now I find I'm learning most from the writings of ancient masters and trying to apply their teachings in practice... Does that make me a Buddhist or a Taoist? In some legal sense maybe.. but I don't claim any mastery or adeptness. If someone thinks I can help them, and they ask, and it helps them, I'm happy, they're happy, and Buddha's happy too :)

Already did that.

Scotty, I think you'd better report yourself for insulting us all.

Oh, wait, I don't care... Ok. Carry on....

• Like 1

Already did that.

It probably means that you do not know what you're talking about and haven't achieved this "enllightenment that is only the first step in some Taoist Alchemy schools."

Ahhh, I see...Then that means you really must not have any clue whatsoever what you're talking about when it comes to what constitutes "Buddhist enlightenment."

You could only honestly know that if I engaged you in discussion on it. :)

What are the chances of that happening NOW? You think antagonizing me is going to get me to change my mind, and wish to have a discussion with you?

Not gonna happen, Simple Jack.

Actually, I've never heard anyone say they are Enlightened, lol, until recently..

Interesting. You could have learned something if you (and others) had any respect and engaged me in a real discussion.

Interesting. You could have learned something if you (and others) had any respect and engaged me in a real discussion.

How am I disrespecting you? I'm really trying to engage in an honest discussion here.

• Like 2

Another clear insult. It's being reported like your other insulting post in this thread.

You want me banned for saying I called you an arrogant snob in private? really? I was merely stating a fact, not that you are an arrogant snob, but the fact that I called you that in private. It wasn't an insult, but a recollection of what happened. Doesn't apply. And calling you a drama queen, which is how you're acting, constitutes banning? My god man....can you stop acting like such a rape victim? Shit happens, tensions get hot, and you're not as much of a victim here as you portray yourself to be.

Also, our conversations on AIM aren't copyrighted, lol, nor are they an invasion of privacy. An invasion of privacy would be if I posted your real name, real phone number, real address, stuff like that. Our conversations aren't considered "private" in a real sense since we never signed a contract to make them private. There is no law whatsoever which applies to this.

Yes, I want you banned for breaking the forum rules. I also want you to leave me alone, but that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon. :lol:

Actually, harassing is against the forum rules too...if you continue I'll also report you for that.

Also just realized:

can you stop acting like such a rape victim

This is also another clear insult, and is actually quite offensive. Don't you know there are members here who have actually been raped? I'm reporting that post of yours as well. Hopefully this will increase your time away from here.

And I'm not.

Fine, but I've read your experiences in the "Is Pineal Gland Activation more important than Heart Mind Activation? " thread and I have Taoist Yoga by Charles Luk. Both do not describe anything that deals with "essential nature" in Buddhism or in The Classic of Chuang Tzu and the Tao Te Ching.

• Like 1

I'm reporting that post of yours as well. Hopefully this will increase your time away from here.

And what will that do exactly? Not having us around won't teach you how to deal with people you disagree with, the people skills you so clearly need to develop. If anything, banning me and Seth will just teach you that it's okay to hide behind rules and authority when you create too much heat instead of facing what you created yourself. So what good will banning us do and why are you so obsessed with it? You can block me and Seth if we bother you so much.

I don't think this has anything to do with the sanctity of the forum policies. All of this is a facade. You want revenge. You want to punish us and get rid of those people who disagree with you and challenge you.

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 4

Scotty, you're scavenging for reasons to get sunya banned and it's really obvious. This stuff is blatantly frivolous. You want to threaten a copyright violation because he posted a message you sent him? Seriously. People are not as blind as you might think them to be, and it's not hard to see that this just juvenile. You started a "my dad can beat up your dad" contest and it ended like it started. That's how karma works. You would have seen the karmic ripple effect that would cause and not pushed it (wu wei) if you didn't want the battle you're in. Your Enlightened attitude ought to wu wei itself out of this conflict........

• Like 3

^ I'd refrain from that if at all possible as it will only make things worse IMO.

Listening involves me not talking, but I've a questions.

what IS this issue REALLY all about here?

"breaking the rules"

or

"Someone getting genuinely hurt by an attack on them, where they would like some help to sort it out, so that everyone can move on"

Because this entire pattern has occured before...

• Like 1