Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

sun tzu's art of war compare with taiosm?

So um yeah how does sun tzu's art of war compare with taoism the spiritul belifes and other spiritual belifes? Like i have read it and it mostly focuses on war and such could this be seen as an internal war like some people believe arjuna was fighitng in the baghvat gita?

Thanks

The first time I read "The Art Of War" I thought it was very Taoist. Yes, it speaks to war. But at its roots it speaks to human nature.

yes it is very taoist but i like to believe that a person would not kill or start a war beinging a religious person and such.

yes it is very taoist but i like to believe that a person would not kill or start a war beinging a religious person and such.

Ah, yes. However, because of the dualities we humans have place upon Tao (life) there has become a time for peace and a time for war.

However, properly conducting a peace is little different from conducting a war. Both must be planned and executed properly.

It is said that to think you have no enemies is an error, and to underestimate your enemy is a grave error.

Therefore we plan for peace but remain prepared for war.

Sun Tzu teaches us how to be prepared for war; Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu teach us how to plan for peace.

And with regret, I have found that sometimes we must be the aggressor. Not nice but nobody told us that life was going to be a garden party.

Sun Tzu teaches us how to be prepared for war; Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu teach us how to plan for peace.

Sun Tze teaches us how to win a war. Aim for the least casualty, by not loosing a war was to be considered winning.

Chuang Tze was always in peace, he may not has to plan for it. He doesn't get involve in thinking about war like LoaTze does.

Chapters 30 and 31 of the Tao Te Ching are related to Sun Tze's art of war.

Edited by ChiDragon

Ah, yes. However, because of the dualities we humans have place upon Tao (life) there has become a time for peace and a time for war.

And with regret, I have found that sometimes we must be the aggressor. Not nice but nobody told us that life was going to be a garden party.

Sometimes going to war/fighting/being the aggressor is the path of least resistance, the path of the least destruction, and the path to the most stable peace.

We cut out cancers and we remove limbs which can damage the rest of the system. Sometimes you meet people or groups of people who, if you stick to your rule of "non-violence", will cause more suffering in the long run.

Of course, being able to carry out the proper behavior in a tangible, practical manner is a far cry from the theory of it. Few of us have the true perspective to know what is best, and fewer still have the ability to separate themselves from their own cause to accurately assess if their action is truly the most just, or if they are acting selfishly out of ego but justifying it with the old "we must fight to maintain peace" phrase.

Sign in to follow this