Marblehead

[TTC Study] Chapter 63 of the Tao Teh Ching

Just a reminder; I'm not really totally at ease with my understandings regarding these two concepts. The basics are fine but I'm sure the words will still change a number of times before I have said it in a manner where I feel comfortable with what I have said.

Ack. :)

I don't think he was saying "practice non-action", but rather "to action, there is no action"

Then later on this phrase, 為无為 , came to represent the entire meaning of the chapter: become one with action

This is how I have experienced it... it is not that we get out of the way, but we ride the way...

become one with it so they are indistinguishable.

IMO, these are about complementary whole ideas.

Action vs Non-Action {merged}

Affairs vs Non-Affairs {merged}

Not vs Non-Not {merged}

Even if it means flavor doesn't change the base idea of opposite negation/compliment.

As the GD has this chapter and uses 未, I looked at another ancient Chu writing often using this and it seems to be the same usage... of 'Not'.

I would say it is more important we get the idea instead of the perfect wording.

• Like 1

This is how I have experienced it... it is not that we get out of the way, but we ride the way...

become one with it so they are indistinguishable.

IMO, these are about complementary whole ideas.

Action vs Non-Action {merged}

Affairs vs Non-Affairs {merged}

Not vs Non-Not {merged}

Even if it means flavor doesn't change the base idea of opposite negation/compliment.

Yes, yes yes :D

As the GD has this chapter and uses 未, I looked at another ancient Chu writing often using this and it seems to be the same usage... of 'Not'.

I was meaning to do the very same, but have been distracted. Interesting to know, thanks

I would say it is more important we get the idea instead of the perfect wording.

Indeed. The meaning is the important thing, and the chapter's meaning doesn't change either way.

But still, I'm very much enjoying the linguistic aspect of it all...

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2