Stigweard

Self-moderation as a community effort on The TaoBums

Mal,

I would say keep it simple.

Neither you nor the other moderators have to be here 24/7, dealing with issues as they come up. You give your time freely and do the best you can. That essentially is what moderating a forum is about. Don't beat yourself up over it, and don't let others get you down either..

As for keeping people informed, that is why I suggested keeping communication between moderators and individuals on the threads concerned. It serves the purpose of keeping people informed of what has, or is, going on-what the issue was, what the moderators requested, what action was taken and why.

Here here. Every now and then just go Terminator or Suspendinator. Suspension is a good reality check. Its just a discussion forum. Each suspended person should be forwarded a picture of the 'So Your Mad About Something On the Internet' poster.

I consider Stigweard a friend, and hold him in high respect. But he's been taking things too personally the last few weeks. Its been effecting his usually good equilibrium. You did the right thing by suspending him (hopefully just a week). And honestly if when I get over zealous/ too cutesy. Don't moralize, or hesitate, cut cleanly and walk away.