ChiDragon

Tai Chi Body Coordination Demo

That is nothing new. I heard that before.

I am glad that you were able to tell that I had been practiced a lot. At least that is a plus....................... :)

How long have you been practiced Tai Ji.....???

I don't practice Taiji, the modern way it is taught is not good, and I have no teacher to show me the traditional way of Taiji, but Xingyiquan is a different story.. my teacher can teach this :)

I don't really practice Xingyiquan as such, or at least not how it is practiced today. The skills come as more of a result / side effect of the Neidan.

There is no need for forms, just for natural body movement. Which as far as I am concerned is only possible to fully achieve with Neidan as the core.

When Ming is full, channels are open, body is strong, light and moveable. With this foundation, no martial arts form can compete.

Edited by LaoZiDao
  • Like 1

This demo shows the body coordination with the mind starting with the famous Tai Ji movement the "Four Corners".

Yes, your Qi to too high. It's near the shoulders.

• Like 1

Position of the center of Qi concentration can be corrected through a Zhan zhuang standing.

During practice energy should gradually descend into the abdomen.

Here is a good example

Chen Xiao Wang teaches Zhan zhuang standing

Lifting a leg in the air is a good way to discern if you are top heavy. If your energy is too high you'll likely wobble until you fully relax the leg holding the weight, filling it with qi.

Being able to relax in horse stance is another sign your qi has sunk low enough to then turn around and support you from below. This is where the power comes from - but it starts from the LDT first, is sent down to the legs and feet before rebounding off the earth as grounded power.

So one first needs to dissolve blocked energy in the legs. The movement of the arms is just a reflection of the movement in the legs. The knee spirals one way and the chi is channeled upwards and the shoulder spirals the opposite direction. The blocked chi in the lower body is a reflection of the blocked chi in the upper body/head. In my experience, getting energy to my feet with any power coincided with full mental emptiness, and I could feel the connection between them. Just as our physical body walks around by pressing off from the earth, our mental body can do the same.

Recommended reading.