I agree with that. Training won't make you a healer. But you can't be a healer without training.

Sure you can. The most amazing russian healers I knew had no former training.

Sure you can. The most amazing russian healers I knew had no former training.

Okay. I've met a lot of so-called healers who have seriously screwed things up due to lack of training. I guess you take your chances. I'll stick to someone qualified. And by that I don't mean a certificate. And I hold myself to the same standard--I stopped practicing stuff I was "certified" in because I realized I didn't have enough training and had the potential to do more harm than good.

Edited by Lozen

Pero, have you done research on the origin of reiki--and what are your thoughts on it..and what do you think is going on in the atunement.

and, maybe this is for another thread, but why do you say there is no god..

Thaddeus, I haven`t done much research. There are a few versions. The story I remember is that some Japanese doctor (of something...) Mikao Usui was researching something about how Jesus healed people. So during his research he came upon some buddhist formula for meditation. So he went on a mountain and meditated for 21 days. At the end of his retreat he saw a white ball of light appear and crashed into his third eye and knocked him out. After that he saw millions of rainbow bubbles or something and symbols for reiki. So from that he got knowledge about healing. From this the reiki we know these days came. This happened around the end of the 19th century I think.

Reiki is supposed to be older though, supposedly from times of Atlantis and all... Supposedly was also used in buddhism, but it got lost in time.

I think that the attunements basically do what reiki people say they do. Open up channels, connect you to the energy better... All of which you can do on your own, but I think they can speed up this proccess.

I said there is no god in the usual sense of the word. And that to me is how most people think of god. That is, as some old guy or a higher power or whatever, that looks down on them and feels sorry for them and helps them etc... They give god human attributes, loving, merciful, wrathful etc... That is sort of childish to me.

I`m not saying it`s useless as it gives people hope and strength to go on. But a god that has attributes is not a real god IMO. He may be powerful and all, but is to me only a half god. Of course God is not an entitety to me. He can`t have any attributes, is form and formless, base of all things, unknowable.

I think we are god as well, what we really are. God that is usually thought of, is to me no more than gods from other cultures, like Vishnu, Siva, Zeus etc... But this is not exactly how I think, as it`s hard for me to express my thoughts right on this, as like I said god is unknowable. I think when you do know him, you are enlightened or whatever. And also, is say he, but that is not right, since there is no gender at the base of things.

I can`t remember who said it, but it was sort of like this: "Someone wants to find god? He should be careful. He will find his true self. Someone want to find himself? He should be careful. He will find himself in mortal danger that he will find god."

Anyways, all that I`m saying is pretty much irrelevant philosophical BS, since we could talk about it for ages and nothing would come of it, what really matters is your own experience, realization, enlightenment and so on.