Sign in to follow this  
Lotus7

A study and realization of the chakras

Hello all! It's been a while since I have last posted. I have been in somewhat of a funk lately, and honestly have felt unworthy of posting anything of relevance.

I have been meditating on and off for the past 3-4 years now. There have been periods of absolute zeal to progress, and moments of dormancy where I really didn't care. In those lazy times, I would feel like there was no reason to meditate because I saw no real progress. I see now why there was no progress. I have been meditating to see what "I" could get out of it rather than what I could contribute. I had yet to really attempt to dive into my being and discover who "I" really am.

In my studies of metaphysical and spiritual knowledge, I have touched on the chakra system and its basic functions, but never really got to the point where I was like, "Hey this is the key to discovering myself". Well recently, I have had this hunger to study my being. It is as if the Universe is reaching out and saying, "Hey, you will never progress, unless you first know yourself!"

So I have started to do research on the chakras, and let e tel you, the insights I have gained into myself have been nothing short of amazing. I can see now why I have some of the issues in my life, that before hand seemed unsolvable. I have been so wrapped up into attaining these mystical "powers", that I have neglected the base. I have been trying to discover the Divine without even knowing where to start.

For example, I have learned that when the Root chakra is out of balance the individual may feel fear, insecurity and depression. WOW... I have been dealing with depression for years now, and I often feel insecure or scared about my life and events that have not even happened. As far back as I can remember, I have felt the sense of not being good enough, like I could never amount to anything. In learning about the first few chakras, I see now that a lot of the pain and emotional baggage in my life, stems from early childhood. I have felt like I could never make anything happen in my life, that I am just a stumbling block unto myself. Now I alsoo realize that some of these feelings arise from poor decisions; but why am I making these poor, self-destructive decisions?

Quick story: I am not much of a pot smoker anymore, in fact I never smoke anymore. There was a time when I did however. I remember one night after smoking, I started having all of these insights just come to me. One of the visions I had was of my chakras. They were all deformed and out of line. Now whether or not this was drug induced, I do not know, but it does make sense to me.

Anyway, Ill cut it short here. I felt the need to post this because #1 Im excited about these new revalations, and #2 I would like to hear some feedback from all you "enlightened" Bums :D about your experiences and how you work with your chakras to develop and nurture them.

I want to live a happy fulfilling life, and I want to bring happiness to others. I want to find my purpose on this planet and resonate my soul with what "IS".

I beleieve it was Buddha who said, (paraphrased) "The body is our vehicle to enlightenment." Anyway, if you are reading this, tremendous thanks for giving me the time of day. Sorry for making this post about "ME". It is really for all. Any insight would be so very appreciated!

Love and light to you all! Namaste----Matt

Cool stuff. For my money, you can't beat Eastern Body, western Mind by Anodea Judith for really powerful psychological insights into the chakras. Caroline Myss' Anatomy of the Spirit also blew me out of the water.

I took about 8 months and committed all my meditation practice to mentally rehearsing affirmations for each chakra. It definitely had a positive effect.

check out Judith here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghxz4EzR3IM

hey Encephalon,

By any chance is Judith's name on youtube AstralShayde? If so then I just made a playlist for her chakra videos!

Hey from one Matt to another lol.... I enjoyed reading your post, and have had similar amazing results from working on my chakras, meridians, and zang-fu organs as well :-). So much of the work to do is finding out what is really inside of us, and dealing with it. Glad to hear of your progress ;-).

Hello all! It's been a while since I have last posted. I have been in somewhat of a funk lately, and honestly have felt unworthy of posting anything of relevance.

I have been meditating on and off for the past 3-4 years now. There have been periods of absolute zeal to progress, and moments of dormancy where I really didn't care. In those lazy times, I would feel like there was no reason to meditate because I saw no real progress. I see now why there was no progress. I have been meditating to see what "I" could get out of it rather than what I could contribute. I had yet to really attempt to dive into my being and discover who "I" really am.

In my studies of metaphysical and spiritual knowledge, I have touched on the chakra system and its basic functions, but never really got to the point where I was like, "Hey this is the key to discovering myself". Well recently, I have had this hunger to study my being. It is as if the Universe is reaching out and saying, "Hey, you will never progress, unless you first know yourself!"

So I have started to do research on the chakras, and let e tel you, the insights I have gained into myself have been nothing short of amazing. I can see now why I have some of the issues in my life, that before hand seemed unsolvable. I have been so wrapped up into attaining these mystical "powers", that I have neglected the base. I have been trying to discover the Divine without even knowing where to start.

For example, I have learned that when the Root chakra is out of balance the individual may feel fear, insecurity and depression. WOW... I have been dealing with depression for years now, and I often feel insecure or scared about my life and events that have not even happened. As far back as I can remember, I have felt the sense of not being good enough, like I could never amount to anything. In learning about the first few chakras, I see now that a lot of the pain and emotional baggage in my life, stems from early childhood. I have felt like I could never make anything happen in my life, that I am just a stumbling block unto myself. Now I alsoo realize that some of these feelings arise from poor decisions; but why am I making these poor, self-destructive decisions?

Quick story: I am not much of a pot smoker anymore, in fact I never smoke anymore. There was a time when I did however. I remember one night after smoking, I started having all of these insights just come to me. One of the visions I had was of my chakras. They were all deformed and out of line. Now whether or not this was drug induced, I do not know, but it does make sense to me.

Anyway, Ill cut it short here. I felt the need to post this because #1 Im excited about these new revalations, and #2 I would like to hear some feedback from all you "enlightened" Bums :D about your experiences and how you work with your chakras to develop and nurture them.

I want to live a happy fulfilling life, and I want to bring happiness to others. I want to find my purpose on this planet and resonate my soul with what "IS".

I beleieve it was Buddha who said, (paraphrased) "The body is our vehicle to enlightenment." Anyway, if you are reading this, tremendous thanks for giving me the time of day. Sorry for making this post about "ME". It is really for all. Any insight would be so very appreciated!

Love and light to you all! Namaste----Matt

Hey Matt!

Thanks for your response. I agree that finding out what is really going on inside is paramount for progression on the spiritual road. Again, I am just now starting to learn of the chakras and the power that is held inside. However, I am oblivious on how to start developing them. I am learning the knowledge, but want to learn some practices as well. Do you know of any that are helpful?

Thanks again!

Love and Light, Matt

There are a lot of ways to work on the chakras. One good way is to do the MCO which sends chi through the front and back of each chakra. You can also work on a chakra specifically by breathing into it, and visualizing it in its color and in perfect balance. Crystal elixirs are also a good way, as well as the gemstones applied directly on the chakra area. I am a TCM student, and have also begun to experiment needling the chakras directly, and this seems to have some balancing effect as well (I suppose acupressure could be used to). If I find a chakra to be too difficult for me, there is a Shamanistic healer here in Austin that I go to sometimes, and he does a really good job at breaking up blockages in chakras, so I suppose any really good legitimate energy healer would be effective as well.

So above are some suggests, and techniques that I have used myself that have worked for me. Above all else I'd say experiment with those, and see what works and does not work for you, cause after all its your body and you know how it feels and responds more than anyone else. Hope thats helpful. :-)

Hey Matt!

Thanks for your response. I agree that finding out what is really going on inside is paramount for progression on the spiritual road. Again, I am just now starting to learn of the chakras and the power that is held inside. However, I am oblivious on how to start developing them. I am learning the knowledge, but want to learn some practices as well. Do you know of any that are helpful?

Thanks again!

Love and Light, Matt

Thanks Matt! Yes I am familiar with MCO. I will start with that tonight for my evening meditation. I have not heard of breathing into each chakra specifically, so I will give that a shot for my morning meditation :-)

Again thank you for the information. This is very helpful to me!!

Blessings, Matt

I just wanted to chime in that Eastern Body, western Mind by Anodea Judith IS a really good book, I just picked it up in fact...

Kinda synchronistic you guys mention it actually!

She really talks a lot about importance of grounding... And ties in a western psychological perspective...

I know that for myself at least, imagining spinning intra-dimensionsl balls of light can be a little out there at first :lol:

Sign in to follow this