Harmonious Emptiness

Taoist Meditations

i just started reading huai-chin nan's "tao & longevity - mind-body transformation" about meditation and cultivation of tao, specifically longevity.

so there.

further bulletins as events warrant...

when counting breaths, i like to count my heartbeats instead of numbers that mind generates

Baolin Wu in his qigong book teaches to breathe every 4 heartbeats. Inhale for 4 hearbeats, exhale for 4...continuously without pausing. Something FYI. :)

Baolin Wu in his qigong book teaches to breathe every 4 heartbeats. Inhale for 4 hearbeats, exhale for 4...continuously without pausing. Something FYI. :)

yeah four is my breathing number. although after a while, when my biorhythms stabilize in the relaxation of meditation, i will pause one or two beats between breaths. just cause i like to. i've read about rhythms like 4-2-4-2 and 4-1-5-2 etc... i personally like it because it helps me build mindfulness, and further deepens the relaxation of my mind

also scotty as to your advice to apply the anal lock more gently, it really helps channel energy up the governing channel, and relaxing it as my focus gets to my tongue/palette helps energy down the conception channel. i feel like i finally begin to get the point of it. your advice was very helpful, thank you for taking the time!

Found the following article "Heart-Mind Fasting Meditation"

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/4817-heart-mind-fasting-meditation/

Seems like a bygone day of TTB when I read some of the topics and posts circa 2008... Would be nice if the same amount of dignity and respect was as apparent today. We might even hear from some Wayfarers like Dao Zhen again :rolleyes:

(not to diminish the accomplishments of the few teachers who, thankfully, do continue to share their thoughts here ;) )