Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

pistols and grip strength

I had a dream last night where I was doing pistols for reps effortlessly with my left leg. Wow! That's a goal of mine--to do them like I'm a kid just playing with them. Lots of earth energy. Good to do a set of them or cossacks, or airbornes b4 meditation.

Grip strength. That's another big one. Pavel says that grip training stimulates the entire brain/body organism due to all the nerve links to the hand. If one were to only train the grip--just have one lying on your desk or in the car you'll gain strength throughout the entire body. You educate your brain how to generate tension and focus.

Mrs Yoda can close a Captains of Crush #1 gripper w/ no training--she's definitely a freak!! When I first got one, I could close it, but I had been doing many months of kettlebells which really develops the grip. I got a #2 and begged her to train on it, even Pavel asked her to start, that she might be able to be a female grip star --I had planned to exibit her during Highland games and so forth but she didn't show much interest. I never got the technique book on how to close the grippers, but I got fairly close on closing the #2 before I put strength training on ice.

With WSM and sungazing, I'm getting more operational energy and want to do some strength training with it. The magic of strength training is that unlike most other endeavours, it only requires a few minutes a day over the years for incredible results if you follow Pavel's approach. So it's a great side hobby.

While I've maintained most of my pistol strength and one arm/one leg pushup strength , I've lost my grip strength. I can barely close a #1. It's back on my desk!

-Yoda

I have hands like a girl and I can close a #1 no problem and I can work a trainer like a cheap plastic toy.

#2 stops me though.

Best thing to do is go back to one-arm pull up training. Grip training is very complicated, but a lot has to do with tendon looseness and chi flow.

Iron mind has these new things where you can incrementally increase a gripper. Not that weight bullshit, but with a type of spring. Awesome. You should get that too.

i've always preferred manul labor or physicaly active jobs to stay fit. it's amazing how a job like bike mesenger or tree climber or landscaper can build all those things yer talkin about. yes, bike messenging can even build grip strength.

anyway its nice to know sheepish is getting in shape cuz the two oldest men kicked his butt on the night climb up huashan a cupla years ago. in fact i think he at that young british guy got altitude sickness at les than 8000 feet. hope he's doing a little better now. :lol:

SAY WHAT??? :lol:

It is true, those older guys kicked our asses. Then again, I had never seen anyone drenched in sweat like Barry was! They were right behind us--the British guy and myself had to rest a few minutes because we were racing up that mountain for hours and suddenly we were overtaken. I was impressed. We were all impressive, actually, and continued up to the top to catch the sunrise.

I am not sure if it was altitude sickness or the energy of the mountain, but after I started drinking a lot of my piss--cycling it constantly, that things worked out all right.

I think I may climb it again this year! :twisted:

The "British guy" was living on WuDang this year so I guess he got over it. :wink:

"I think I may climb it again this year!

let me know if ya do; i'll join ya. then we can hang out in shenzhen, meet hot asian chicks and then fuck them.

Sign in to follow this