goldisheavy

What is magic? How does magic work?

"some reason that you feel that I need to hear"

Only because I thought you'd asked me :)

"Not sure that wu-wei is the best term, since its so culturally specific and not of our culture. Can you think of a better term, or way of describing it?"

"Better" maybe not. But the feeling of it is when there is no care or constriction or strategy or tactic or intent (huh). So it's not like "Aha, I'm going to do "this" or say "this"" Rather, things are done and said. So it doesn't much feel of anything except 'nice' - maybe?

Gold, look deeper. Try to understand the things that people say and not just your own thoughts about what people say, or should say, or really meant to say.

What I said was "'Ignore' is your word! I never used this word, nor did I use "stop thinking" until you inserted them as your interpretation of what I was saying. Even then I only used them to say that they were not what I was saying! Check it out, if you don't believe me." Notice that after "I never used this word" there was a comma, not a period. I followed the comma with a "nor", which includes the statement before the comma in what comes after, then I said "until you inserted them as your interpretation of what I was saying. Even then I only used them to say that they were not what I was saying!"

I have noticed a strong tendency of yours to respond to clauses in sentences, or sentences in paragraphs, divorced of the context that gives them their intended meaning. This leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

My challenge to you was "If you find me saying this, before you said it, then I will apologize. If you cannot, then I hope that you will apologize."

Give that one a shot and get back to me.

• Like 1

Gold, look deeper. Try to understand the things that people say and not just your own thoughts about what people say, or should say, or really meant to say.

What I said was "'Ignore' is your word! I never used this word, nor did I use "stop thinking" until you inserted them as your interpretation of what I was saying. Even then I only used them to say that they were not what I was saying! Check it out, if you don't believe me." Notice that after "I never used this word" there was a comma, not a period. I followed the comma with a "nor", which includes the statement before the comma in what comes after, then I said "until you inserted them as your interpretation of what I was saying. Even then I only used them to say that they were not what I was saying!"

I have noticed a strong tendency of yours to respond to clauses in sentences, or sentences in paragraphs, divorced of the context that gives them their intended meaning. This leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

My challenge to you was "If you find me saying this, before you said it, then I will apologize. If you cannot, then I hope that you will apologize."

Too much Vipassana makes Jack too...precise :lol: ?

"Better" maybe not. But the feeling of it is when there is no care or constriction or strategy or tactic or intent (huh). So it's not like "Aha, I'm going to do "this" or say "this"" Rather, things are done and said. So it doesn't much feel of anything except 'nice' - maybe?

Where is the "nice" feeling?

Edited by Todd

Where is the "nice" feeling?

Pretty much everywhere. It's the absence of tension and constriction. It's very carefree and happy :-)

Why do I need to do that? For what purpose?

What I said was "'Ignore' is your word!.

This bit is absolutely preposterous. It may be a word I initially introduced to describe what you're advocating. But you seem to have adopted it later on. You can say it's an exaggerated word, but I chose that word on purpose, to highlight the issue. You don't agree with such characterization, but I insist that yes, it is how I characterize your approach. If this causes you to want to characterize what I advocate less favorably as a form of rhetorical vengeance, then go ahead!! :lol:

Wu-wei is ignorance as most people understand it and apply it.

What I described potentially conflicts with the idea of wu-wei. On purpose. It's not a whoops on my part.

Edited by goldisheavy

You don't agree with such characterization, but I insist that yes, it is how I characterize your approach.

Thank you for the discussion. I wish you well.

Pretty much everywhere. It's the absence of tension and constriction. It's very carefree and happy :-)

Does it ever exist within tension?

Does it ever exist within tension?

No. Can't say it does. Which is how I tell the difference...