Sign in to follow this  
brawnypandora0

How much value do you place in feng shui?

I'm only beginning to understand taoism, but I'm not too familiar with feng shui. I have to experience furniture placement myself before I can believe in it.

Btw, does feng shui emphasize on the design, material, and utility of furniture itself, or just its placement? I hope it does, as I find so many of the world's problem attributable to poorly made chairs and beds, which we spend most of our lives using.

Design, material, placement, color, etc. all can come into play, yes.

And yes, your environment contributes very strongly to your well being.

Edited by aridus

...as I find so many of the world's problem attributable to poorly made chairs and beds, which we spend most of our lives using.

Not exactly, I would say poor house design and then bedroom-bathroom-bed placement. We must also examine the external environment itself.

I'm only beginning to understand taoism, but I'm not too familiar with feng shui. I have to experience furniture placement myself before I can believe in it.

Btw, does feng shui emphasize on the design, material, and utility of furniture itself, or just its placement? I hope it does, as I find so many of the world's problem attributable to poorly made chairs and beds, which we spend most of our lives using.

I agree ... I had to put together a flat pack wardrobe the other day and I almost lost my Way doing it. Nature would have created medium fibre board if it wanted us to use it and not bothered with natural sustainable hardwoods.

I believe that different energy flows, and flows differently in different situations. Learning to be in harmonious relationships with that flow is essential to health and happiness. Being able to accurately perceive and position yourself in relation to that flow is important.

Feng shui, and related systems, I believe help you learn how those flows work. However, I believe the rules and such associated with those systems came about as a result of people who could directly perceive the energy- then certain things tended to happen a certain way more often than not, then they got turned int rules.

If your primary goal in learning feng shui is to learn all the rules and things like that, that's great, there are lots of resources to do that, and they seem to be quite effective in doing what it is they do.

However, it's my personal opinion that one's time is better spent learning how to correctly perceive and interact with different flows of energy. That way, no matter what the situation, you can correctly know what to do just by virtue of knowing the situation, rather than having to run through a checklist of all of your rules. Though knowing the rules and instructions in conjunction with doing what energy work you do is also good too.

Sign in to follow this