I dream of a world where man cares for his fellow man, where everyone is a teacher and we all help each other learn and grow expecting no reward other than the good feeling one gets, where wisdom is widespread and shared freely. I dream of a day where we no longer kill men out of anger and no longer kill animals for our gluttonous palate. I dream of a day where money is abolished and those who have share with those who have not. I dream of a day when relationships are based around harmonious partnerships, based around love, when men and women are equals who compliment one another, when the complimentary difference of gender is celebrated.

I dream of a day where the power of love overcomes the love of power...a day I no longer feel the need to seek power for the sake of protecting myself or anyone else from those who mean harm...

What are your dreams? Anyone want to help mine come true?

-Astral

Hi Astral,

There is another thread real similar to this one which has the posted Anonymous letter on it - I've already sort of spoken everything I had to say on this topic.

But I really I appreciated your comments on looking forward to the day when love overtakes the love of power. When I first got sober and started going to AA meetings in 1981, I heard in those first meetings that all our inner dynamics are either based on Love or Fear. One or the other - I've never forgotten that, and I've never personally found it to be anything but true.

I talked to a backwoods Ohio minister this morning at Tim Horton's. He was telling me that he had just gotten a concealed weapons permit so he can carry everywhere.

This action is not based on love, it's based on fear. Fear of not being able to handle any possible situation that comes down the pike; I decided to go for it.

I asked him why he didn't have a concept of a God he could trust (speaking in his terms, not mine; I was referring to his Christian method of thinking). I also asked him why the Christians here in the bible belt weren't more like Jesus. The man is about 70 years old; I asked him how many times in his life he actually needed a gun to protect himself or his family within his life to date; there were no actual occasions. Merely fear of the unknown. What in the world does an old Christian minister need with the instant ability to kill the person standing next to him by carring a concealed weapon? I was on a big city police department for 15 years; I carried daily - but today, my spirituality is such that to carry a concealed weapon would be absolutely counterintuitive to that which I understand now. I AM the manifestation that I have been looking for all those years. (I didn't get this deeply into it with him).

There is a huge disconnect between what people say they believe, and what they do. The actions and the words do not align to any degree back here; I'm so hoping that this part of the country is the exception, not the rule.

I've decided not to back off from this, but when I do respond to be as kind as possible. I could care less how ostracized my husband and I are in this little holier-than-thou area; the smugness and arrogance of this type of religion has been elevated to an art form, as far as I'm concerned. I will speak when appropriate, I've decided.

• Like 1

My dreams are much less grandiose. In one of my guided meditations it leaves room for creating your perfect environment. I'm usually on a beach (in Hawaii), there's a bond fire going on, people are celebrating and dancing, kids are playing and I'm snuggling with my wife.

Carrying it forward into daydreaming its still in the real world with all its problems, but there are weekly parties, where everyone gets together on the beach, shares food, dances and celebrates life.

I like going to Burning Man events because you can find that feeling all over. There are island cultures that incorporate the sharing weekly. I'm not very religious, but Hasidic Jews make the Sabbath a time of sharing and celebration, an important holiday that happens weekly.

Personally I sponsor a block party, where we seal off the street, have a moon walk and block wide potluck. But its only once a year which is too bad.