Sign in to follow this  
heaven chi

Question about meditation

I guess it depends on the directions in the guided meditation. Some of the more "colourful" ones might actually be more than a person could handle on a first outing. Then there's the binaurals (sp?) that add a whole nother layer to the the cake (don't move this to cake corner :ninja:)

SFQ has its MCO on guided to begin with. Most qi-gong books I've read so far are very "guided" in that you learn the recipe and steps.

"Emptiness" itself is something that can flower in a variety of ways and I think you can tell people about it quite well and they'll "get" it too.

Still, when it comes to meditation, I'd also like to see people empowered from the get go with a good set of "emergency" techniques when they hit the more bizarre content and sensations. Stuff like progressive relaxation, dissolving, belly-breathing, grounding, self-shielding and so on.

SFQ has its MCO on guided to begin with.

I LOVE IT :wub:

edit: it's really guided in the beginning for the first few rounds and then at the end for the ending. Other than that it's just cool music and master Lin chanting "Om" and "Mwah".

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Sign in to follow this