devoid

Akashic Records

OK - so I promised you guys an update on this.

I read:

• Robert Bruce's chapters on Akashic Records from his book Astral Dynamics
  • Lumari's book Akashic Records
  • Cheryl Trine's book, the New Akashic Records

All three discuss the Akashic Records as something more than simply a library. Fundamentally, Robert Bruce interprets it as an underlying force or intelligence of the Astral Planes, whereas Lumari and and Cheryl Trine consider it its own energy entity somewhere far away.

In terms of quantity Robert Bruce has probably 5-10 pages on it. Lumari close to one hundred and Cheryl Trine above three hundred.

Robert Bruce's interpretation lead me to understand that it is something I should simply treat as part of Astral Travel - from here it's up to the practitioner to decided what to do with it. I think that is a totally valid point - I like this 'minimalistic approach' although it wasn't quite enough for me.

Around 3/4 of Lumari's book is written as a transmission from the Akashic Reocrds to the World via Lumari. It tells us what we can and can't do with the Akashic Records and gives us some hints as to how the content of the Akashic Records are ultimately a very personal thing as the information we receive is subject to our existing knowledge, understandings and perceptions. This was my favorite of the three as it really struck a cord with me.

Cheryl Trine's Book is made up of sections each divided into chapters. In total the book has around a hundred or so of these chapters. To be honest, I do not consider these chapters of a book in the common sense - rather separate essays compiled together. The stated intention of the book is to provide a new look at the Akashic Records. This is attempted done based on taking the reader through every possible link or connection the author has been able to establish based on reading scripts of various religions combined with a fair amount of self-discovery. I totally missed the red thread throughout the book and to me it served little purpose other than acting as pseudo historic reference of all major things that has ever been said about the Akashic Records. In other words, I fail to see what's 'new' - probably 'detailed' is a more accurate word. Yet, if the Akashic Reocrds are such a personal thing, then I fail to see how all this detail is going to do me any good.

Like a bank... the more you put in the more you get out.

Or like a muscle... the more you work it the stronger it gets.

Yes... I think so.

Yes indeed.

My experience sort of bears that out too. I have a 12th grade education, that that's just barely. My husband Joe has an 8th grade education; he hasn't been getting the scrolls, but the incredible knowledge that has been inserted into his shamanic little head is astounding. He is capable of speaking like a Master when it's called for. Plus, in his case, this is after a total of 19 years spent in prison and many years of living on the streets as a wino.

I think some of our stories around here are pretty incredible - I've heard glimpses of other incredible recovery stories on this site as well. This is magic alchemical stuff.

Amazing what a life of experience can reveal. Perhaps that is because the illusions of what we think exists are shattered in one way or another and we discover from the depths of our inner being. Incredible I do agree!

OK - so I promised you guys an update on this.

I read:

• Robert Bruce's chapters on Akashic Records from his book Astral Dynamics
  • Lumari's book Akashic Records
  • Cheryl Trine's book, the New Akashic Records

All three discuss the Akashic Records as something more than simply a library. Fundamentally, Robert Bruce interprets it as an underlying force or intelligence of the Astral Planes, whereas Lumari and and Cheryl Trine consider it its own energy entity somewhere far away.

In terms of quantity Robert Bruce has probably 5-10 pages on it. Lumari close to one hundred and Cheryl Trine above three hundred.

Robert Bruce's interpretation lead me to understand that it is something I should simply treat as part of Astral Travel - from here it's up to the practitioner to decided what to do with it. I think that is a totally valid point - I like this 'minimalistic approach' although it wasn't quite enough for me.

Around 3/4 of Lumari's book is written as a transmission from the Akashic Reocrds to the World via Lumari. It tells us what we can and can't do with the Akashic Records and gives us some hints as to how the content of the Akashic Records are ultimately a very personal thing as the information we receive is subject to our existing knowledge, understandings and perceptions. This was my favorite of the three as it really struck a cord with me.

Cheryl Trine's Book is made up of sections each divided into chapters. In total the book has around a hundred or so of these chapters. To be honest, I do not consider these chapters of a book in the common sense - rather separate essays compiled together. The stated intention of the book is to provide a new look at the Akashic Records. This is attempted done based on taking the reader through every possible link or connection the author has been able to establish based on reading scripts of various religions combined with a fair amount of self-discovery. I totally missed the red thread throughout the book and to me it served little purpose other than acting as pseudo historic reference of all major things that has ever been said about the Akashic Records. In other words, I fail to see what's 'new' - probably 'detailed' is a more accurate word. Yet, if the Akashic Reocrds are such a personal thing, then I fail to see how all this detail is going to do me any good.

One would not know the good until one experiences it. Whatever good if any requires connecting the dots so to speak.

One would not know the good until one experiences it. Whatever good if any requires connecting the dots so to speak.

Indeed, pennyofheaven - isn't any study of non-fiction an attempt to connect the dots?

What I was trying to say above was that Lumari's book helped me do just that. I was also trying to say that if I had been perhaps a bit more self reliant, Robert Bruce's work might have done it for me on its own whereas Cheryl Trine's work didn't get me anywhere.

That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for when I started this thread - recommendations for resources of the Akashic Records. With the initial help and input from fellow bums combined with my own research I was able to piece it together - had I had my own advice then I could have saved about 20 bucks and as many hours reading. My above post serves as such an advice based on personal experience. If you have any better suggestions based on your own experience, please feel free to post them :)

Indeed, pennyofheaven - isn't any study of non-fiction an attempt to connect the dots?

What I was trying to say above was that Lumari's book helped me do just that. I was also trying to say that if I had been perhaps a bit more self reliant, Robert Bruce's work might have done it for me on its own whereas Cheryl Trine's work didn't get me anywhere.

That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for when I started this thread - recommendations for resources of the Akashic Records. With the initial help and input from fellow bums combined with my own research I was able to piece it together - had I had my own advice then I could have saved about 20 bucks and as many hours reading. My above post serves as such an advice based on personal experience. If you have any better suggestions based on your own experience, please feel free to post them :)

Oh no suggestions at all. You are doing quite fine.

My question in regards to the Akashic Records, or any psychic or mystic experience, is how much is actually real and how much is created in our own minds? When I was younger I had no problem believing in psychic powers, runes, i-ching, astral travel, etc., but as I've grown older I don't have as much faith in these things.

When I was in my early twenties I was quite accomplished in many mystic arts, in fact many "psychic" people seemed to view me as a powerful psychic in my own right. I had people come up to me and tell me that I had a very strong aura, it was a nice ego stroker, but I could never verify whether it was actually true.

When I was nine I saw my first ghost, I witnessed my aunt standing outside my window. It scared the bejeezus out of me. I ran out my room and told my mother and father what I saw. I hadn't been to the funeral, but I was able to tell them exactly what dress she was wearing. Later on in life I could walk through a house that was "haunted" and locate cold spots where people saw ghosts, without them even telling me where they saw the ghosts.

Later on as I explored the metaphysical world more I found I was able to do many "psychic" things. I was able to astral travel the first time I attempted it. On another occasion I was able to look at a picture and while viewing that picture send that image telepathically to my brother who was in another room. He had no knowledge of the book I was using or the image, but described it in almost perfect detail. For awhile I was able to have someone tell me something or someone they were looking for and actually point out where that person or thing was on a map.

As a hypnotist I was able to hypnotize people who supposedly couldn't be hypnotized within a few weeks of learning the discipline. In fact I had many incidents where I would be hypnotizing one person in a room and someone else would also end up hypnotized as well.

Since I was very little I've had issues with street lamps, when ever I go for a walk one seems to always go out as I go underneath it, this happens even when I'm driving. When I was in my late teens and suffering from anxiety I would oftentimes get upset and the light bulb in the room I was in would blow out. On one occasion a fluorescent light bulb actually shattered into pieces. I used to think it was some dark force following me that caused this to happen, but later on I changed my mind about this.

In the end I realized that much of this isn't psychic potential or power, so much as it is most likely my unconscious awareness of what people are thinking by gauging their use of body language and such, in response my own mind developed phenomena to support what I'm figuring out unconsciously.

The street light thing is most likely just something I tend to be hyper aware of, I think it probably happens to most people when they go for a walk. I've never been able to explain why I was able to do other things, but I do feel that there is a reasonable answer and if I ever spent time looking for the answer, I'd find it.

Nowadays I don't care so much about this stuff. I don't try to sense ghosts, read peoples thoughts, or locate things that are missing. It doesn't interest me anymore, in fact I realized it caused me to feel somewhat alien in a sense. I'm much happier exploring those things that seem to help me understand my place in the world, rather than focus on things that have no rational explanation and can't be proven (for instance I can't intentionally make a light bulb go out). Now I offer this experience, not to discourage you, but rather to remind you that in the grand scheme of things, if one is looking for a greater awareness of the world around them, even though these types of actions might seem to grant you a greater awareness, they in fact can distract you from that greater awareness. In fact it was only after I started to give up these esoteric practices and pursue a greater understanding of Tao, that I was able to find peace in my life.

Again, there's no reason why one can't pursue these activities, but I would also kindly recommend that one be aware of what they seek from these types of practices and whether or not what they seek is what they actually need in their lives. Often times we believe that these types of abilities make us special, when in fact they don't. I sincerely believe that psychic ability is more attuned to belief than it is actual skill. If one truly believes that something can be done, then the mind will allow them to do it, or at least allow them to believe they're doing it.

Aaron

My question in regards to the Akashic Records, or any psychic or mystic experience, is how much is actually real and how much is created in our own minds?

You pointed out yourself a number of ways that you could have tricked yourself into believing something was really happening. Knowing that there are a great many types of cognitive bias which could lead us to believe something is happening or not, the only way to test for sure if something is "real" (at least in the sense that it is externally verifiable in the shared reality that most of us humans experience) is through experimentation.

For instance, someone who says they can astral travel and meet with their friends and have conversations should be able to verify this conversation with the friend in real life. Of course, in an informal situation there are a number of ways in which the people, if they are not careful, can actually influence what the other person "verifies". For instance, if you ask leading questions, it could lead the person to know what you talked about last night, even if no actual conversation took place.

As many factors should be tested for as possible. One should always be sure to carefully create a good experiment design.

I'd like to throw out though, that people attemping to prove this stuff don't have a very good track record, and that may contribute to why most people don't believe it, even if they did for a long time and practiced something seriously. Even

don't inspire much confidence, and cases that could very well be solved quite easily by a capable psychic are still left unsolved.

So despite a lot of what you hear, if you look around, you don't see much actually happening.

As far as the akashic records, I would say the same thing applies: you've got be able to verify it. Sure, you might find some stuff which only applies on a spiritual level and that which you can only verify through the powers of spirit. Okay. But if even half of the stories of it are true, then you could quite easily verify quite a bit of physical things using them.

As always, my personal philosophy when it comes to this stuff: keep it real. You can have your head in the clouds, just keep your feet on the ground.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

My question in regards to the Akashic Records, or any psychic or mystic experience, is how much is actually real and how much is created in our own minds? When I was younger I had no problem believing in psychic powers, runes, i-ching, astral travel, etc., but as I've grown older I don't have as much faith in these things.

When I was in my early twenties I was quite accomplished in many mystic arts, in fact many "psychic" people seemed to view me as a powerful psychic in my own right. I had people come up to me and tell me that I had a very strong aura, it was a nice ego stroker, but I could never verify whether it was actually true.

When I was nine I saw my first ghost, I witnessed my aunt standing outside my window. It scared the bejeezus out of me. I ran out my room and told my mother and father what I saw. I hadn't been to the funeral, but I was able to tell them exactly what dress she was wearing. Later on in life I could walk through a house that was "haunted" and locate cold spots where people saw ghosts, without them even telling me where they saw the ghosts.

Later on as I explored the metaphysical world more I found I was able to do many "psychic" things. I was able to astral travel the first time I attempted it. On another occasion I was able to look at a picture and while viewing that picture send that image telepathically to my brother who was in another room. He had no knowledge of the book I was using or the image, but described it in almost perfect detail. For awhile I was able to have someone tell me something or someone they were looking for and actually point out where that person or thing was on a map.

As a hypnotist I was able to hypnotize people who supposedly couldn't be hypnotized within a few weeks of learning the discipline. In fact I had many incidents where I would be hypnotizing one person in a room and someone else would also end up hypnotized as well.

Since I was very little I've had issues with street lamps, when ever I go for a walk one seems to always go out as I go underneath it, this happens even when I'm driving. When I was in my late teens and suffering from anxiety I would oftentimes get upset and the light bulb in the room I was in would blow out. On one occasion a fluorescent light bulb actually shattered into pieces. I used to think it was some dark force following me that caused this to happen, but later on I changed my mind about this.

In the end I realized that much of this isn't psychic potential or power, so much as it is most likely my unconscious awareness of what people are thinking by gauging their use of body language and such, in response my own mind developed phenomena to support what I'm figuring out unconsciously.

The street light thing is most likely just something I tend to be hyper aware of, I think it probably happens to most people when they go for a walk. I've never been able to explain why I was able to do other things, but I do feel that there is a reasonable answer and if I ever spent time looking for the answer, I'd find it.

Nowadays I don't care so much about this stuff. I don't try to sense ghosts, read peoples thoughts, or locate things that are missing. It doesn't interest me anymore, in fact I realized it caused me to feel somewhat alien in a sense. I'm much happier exploring those things that seem to help me understand my place in the world, rather than focus on things that have no rational explanation and can't be proven (for instance I can't intentionally make a light bulb go out). Now I offer this experience, not to discourage you, but rather to remind you that in the grand scheme of things, if one is looking for a greater awareness of the world around them, even though these types of actions might seem to grant you a greater awareness, they in fact can distract you from that greater awareness. In fact it was only after I started to give up these esoteric practices and pursue a greater understanding of Tao, that I was able to find peace in my life.

Again, there's no reason why one can't pursue these activities, but I would also kindly recommend that one be aware of what they seek from these types of practices and whether or not what they seek is what they actually need in their lives. Often times we believe that these types of abilities make us special, when in fact they don't. I sincerely believe that psychic ability is more attuned to belief than it is actual skill. If one truly believes that something can be done, then the mind will allow them to do it, or at least allow them to believe they're doing it.

Aaron

Yes agree even these experiences need to be let go of to experience the greater awareness.

Yes agree even these experiences need to be let go of to experience the greater awareness.

But on the question of verification, when it comes to experiences of great awareness you can ask the same question as Twinner asked:

How much is actually real and how much is created in our own minds?

How much is actually new perception and how much of it is just our minds telling us what we want and expect?

But on the question of verification, when it comes to experiences of great awareness you can ask the same question as Twinner asked:

How much is actually new perception and how much of it is just our minds telling us what we want and expect?

Most experiences can be verified. Akashic records as has been mentioned in previous posts is one of those experiences that can be. Like in the instance of foreseeing death or instantaneous knowledge on subjects one may have not been schooled in.

Our minds are very powerful and can indeed create different things. There is a shift in vibration that occurs that enables one to discern what the mind is creating and what the mind is perceiving. Two very different vibrations. Discerning these vibrations is the key, as sometimes the shift is very subtle depending on ones experience.

If there is ever any question because discernment is not clear. If the power of the mind can create different manifest forms or the like it is useful to attempt a different manifest form to confirm whether or not it is the power of your mind.

Hello Sloppy,

Buddhists have gone to great lengths to argue about the teachings of Buddha, but I rarely hear of them arguing about whether greater awareness (I've never cared for the word enlightenment) is real. I think for most, there is an understanding that it can't be proven, rather they take it on faith. There are no miracles that persuade the laymen to have faith, but rather the actions of those who practice encourage others to practice. When one sees another who has become aware (enlightened), regardless of their religion of creed, one is instinctively aware of it. I think in this case enlightenment is completely within our minds, but that in no way detracts from the value of the experience.

Aaron

edit- Note I've studied Buddhism as a philosophy, but I don't practice Buddhism, so this may be off.

Edited by Twinner

Hi Twinner,

I totally agree that one needs to be very careful in accepting what one receives through meditation as something really received vs. something made up. It absolutely takes training getting used to staying cool when one is on the brink of an awesome discovery.

Edited by devoid

Hello Sloppy,

There are no miracles that persuade the laymen to have faith,

This is not always true. Actually, there are plenty of miracles or magic that can happen in front of a disciple who has the capacity to see such things from his Buddhist Master.

I've definitely experienced various types of miracles from masters, both Hindu and Buddhist.