Sign in to follow this  
Birch

"Deep" internal qi-gong

From the perspective of most of the healing Qigong methods I have studied I think pulsing in the brain would more likely drive you insane than get you enlightened. Evidence is hard to get because it is very difficult to pin point exactly the cause of any problem but I have read many accounts of incorrect Qigong causing peoples hair to fall out as well as many bad psychological symptoms. Why try to create your own when masters spent hundreds of years working out the best methods?

Good question! Did you try it and have adverse effects?

Good question! Did you try it and have adverse effects?

I haven't tried it. There is most probably no harm in experimenting with those sorts of things it's just if you turn it into a practice which lasts months which could potentially cause problems in my opinion. Even if some method you create yourself gets good results in the beginning there is nothing to say in the long term there won't be negative consequences.

In most of the healing qigong I have looked at there has been an emphasis on a downward flushing of energy towards the earth, while a focus on the head would most probably exacerbate many existing blockages and make you less grounded as most people in our age are already too much up in their head. Bruce Frantzis warns that working with your brain is a very advanced practice only to be done after many years of clearing and under the guidance of an experienced master. I guess as a genuine seeker you shouldn't swallow everything a master says and experiment and find things out for yourself, but also it's worth taking into account the warnings of those people who have already mapped the way and may have made mistakes and suffered so you don't have to suffer in the same way.

Sign in to follow this