Sign in to follow this  
John Zen

Enlightenment Is an Attitude

Dependent Origination explains that you are inherently attached to everything, but emptiness reveals that to reference the limited ideation, notion, and experience of the ego, is going to limit ones experience of everything to immediate locality attachment, i.e. I was born by these parents, went to this school and these are my friends and this is my experiential reference... period. I am this body! This is the kind of attachment that the Buddhist is learning to let go of, but at the same time, learning to attach to the entire cosmos!

Otherwise why would a Bodhisattva take up the vow to realize liberation for the sake of all beings, referencing infinite regress?

At the same time, a Bodhisattva trains in the view that beings do not inherently exist, only relatively exist, in order to not get caught up in other peoples "shit." You can't really help another out of a pit by jumping in with them. Well, ok, unless it's to offer a back to step on to boost the other out, then they in turn help you climb out by reaching out a hand, but why not just reach out a hand from above in the first place? But, then the person in the pit would have to recognize the hand and the hand would have to have a firm platform above to extend from... :lol: Anyway... I hope you get my meaning.

Buddhism is far from Nihilistic or non-life-affirming, as it is a very life affirming path, just not within the construct of the merely mundane and limited view of the 5 senses as it is holistic and inclusive of the 5 senses, but transcendent simultaneously.

Thanks for the clarification Vaj. Well said.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this