Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

nine main siddhis?

None of these are the point at all, only fringe benefits at best to be used for Spirit; if misused and sought for egotisical gain then they become fast rocket ships to various hells.

Om

None of these are the point at all, only fringe benefits at best to be used for Spirit; if misused and sought for egotisical gain then they become fast rocket ships to various hells.

Om

Too true. Though, if the intention is correct, these siddhis can be used to both benefit practice for the sake of benefiting others, as well as straight up benefit others.

I believe that this categorization is too old and archaic, in short unrefined, just to limit siddhis to just 9.

I know that the source is a very old yogic source but let me put it this way - why limit them to just nine? what about "siddhis" or abilities that are achieved not within the context of indian yoga? how about "siddhis" achieved through strict Taoist practice for example? There are many, many abilities out there that are just as good as those nine.

I think its time to write a new book. I don't mean to be anarchistic or irreverent but look upon the matter this way: if it has been four thousand years since someone wrote groundbreaking, definition making material to any sort of study, it indicates a stagnation in the body of knowledge being studied.

lets say for example if this happened to biology. we would all be screwed if the "main source" we had to the matter was a text written 500 years ago. why should yogic theory be any different?

We need to update . That is how it works; credit the old masters who paved the way, but never, never refer to any source as the end-all defintion. Always evolving, always changing and becoming something more than what it was in the past.. that's how we got all the technology and wonders we have today on our world.

I read an Autobiography called, "Blazing Splendor" where he meets a wandering yogin in Tibet who can do this and uses his zombies to carry his stuff. As soon as he stops in a place, the body drops dead as before. He's really just sharing his electricity making a dead body like an organic robot... there really is no soul involved except as metaphor.

Great book! I really love that book...! What an amazing man, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, and all four of his sons! Chokgyur Lingpa had a disciple who was also a Terchen... Barway Dorje with a whole cycle of very recent treasures that are beginning to be made public in the US, spread by the reincarnation of Barway Dorje. Someone very close to me is studying with him.

Lovely stuff ;)

Great book! I really love that book...! What an amazing man, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, and all four of his sons! Chokgyur Lingpa had a disciple who was also a Terchen... Barway Dorje with a whole cycle of very recent treasures that are beginning to be made public in the US, spread by the reincarnation of Barway Dorje. Someone very close to me is studying with him.

Lovely stuff ;)

Oh it is amaaaaazing stuff. Truly such great treasures. Such incredible teachings from the highest peaks on the planet! Yes yes... so yes!! I'm drunk right now... but I didn't drink a thing! Thanks for reminding me! Yes... Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche... I really connected to him through his Autobiography, what an amazing and humble man! What precious teachers many of these Rinpoches are. These are the Rinpoches I think about when I think of Vajrayana and Dzogchen. These that represented with full illumination!

I believe that this categorization is too old and archaic, in short unrefined, just to limit siddhis to just 9.

I know that the source is a very old yogic source but let me put it this way - why limit them to just nine? what about "siddhis" or abilities that are achieved not within the context of indian yoga? how about "siddhis" achieved through strict Taoist practice for example? There are many, many abilities out there that are just as good as those nine.

I think its time to write a new book. I don't mean to be anarchistic or irreverent but look upon the matter this way: if it has been four thousand years since someone wrote groundbreaking, definition making material to any sort of study, it indicates a stagnation in the body of knowledge being studied.

lets say for example if this happened to biology. we would all be screwed if the "main source" we had to the matter was a text written 500 years ago. why should yogic theory be any different?

We need to update . That is how it works; credit the old masters who paved the way, but never, never refer to any source as the end-all defintion. Always evolving, always changing and becoming something more than what it was in the past.. that's how we got all the technology and wonders we have today on our world.

You're right, and it has, there are plenty of books out there that talk about more powers available to a being developing on the spiritual path. I've read plenty of them, from the Christian mystic tradition, the Sufi tradition to even the Taoist. Wang Liping talks about different powers in Opening the Dragons Gate.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Makes sense to me. It is one of the things that appealed to me about Taoist Yoga over Buddhist, but I am starting to see that each has its own advantage. I can't speak to the other Indian spiritual traditions, but in Buddhist yoga there is a great benefit gained from using the power of confidence/faith and transmission. Belief can dissolve all kinds of delusions without ever having to touch them, which of course unifies the winds/chi/whatever. Also, it has given rise to something totally unique as far as I am aware: a public system in which masters continually manifest across lifetimes. In a sense this is not any better than the Yogi of any tradition who teaches genuine spirituality... but it is really amazing when you think about the fact that they are publicly recognized. You can actually go find Karmapa, for example, who has been teaching for 900 years now and join in.

Wow that is really insane... I'm kinda floored by that, and I'm the one who said it. LoL

That's the Buddhist approach I guess. I also really strongly connect with what I know of the Tao transmission, which feels more brotherly... this method is so tuned with the Tao view and is really amazing as well. I just don't know sometimes... there are some really amazing things available. So easy to miss too.

You can actually go find Karmapa, for example, who has been teaching for 900 years now and join in.

Wow that is really insane... I'm kinda floored by that, and I'm the one who said it. LoL

Yeah.. floors the heck out of me too... I mean really deeply. It's concept shattering, all the ramifications of it and all, on an experiential level. Floored me when I had the Eureka about it.

Sign in to follow this