Marblehead

Knowledge And Wisdom

I see "knowledge" as predominantly the product of an external state of acquisition while I see "wisdom" as predominantly the product of an internal state of assimilation. That which is acquired is assimilated; sometimes, wisdom results

Haha excellent man i love every component of your statements.

I think wisdom is self-realization. After the self-realization begins to occur, (Know Thyself) wisdom is infused into our words and actions.

Before this thread I probably would not fully understand what you meant. But i think that is very well said and i think there lies some truth in that.

I think "mountain, no mountain, mountain" parallels this same journey from ignorance to knowledge to wisdom that is gleaned from learning that your chair may not be real but then accepting that it is, if you follow me.

haha for some reason i forgot all about ignorance when dealing with this topic. And i believe i follow you on that. From ignorance you gain knowledge that your chair is not real. From this knowledge comes the wisdom that things are they way they are. Is that what you are getting at?

Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time and energy. (wikipedia)

wise men would agree that the line between wisdom and insanity is very thin.

but then there shall always be balance between sanity and insanity

wisdom is simple, but deep.

knowledge = 5+5=10

hope it helps.

Edited by nashenas