Axe

New to Taoism

Hello,

I just got introduced to Taoism by Master Mantak Chia's books Taoist Secrets of Love, and Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao. I had read about semen retention a couple of years ago thanks to Gnosticweb (now Gnostic Awakenings I believe), but totally gave up seeing that I wasn't making any progress eliminating egos and am still unmarried.

I think that, at least partly, I looked for the book because of a Tao quote that said one can very rapidly build vitality and health from semen retention. I am surprised to learn that one immediately starts trying to raise the energy from the sex organs. This is in contrast to what Gnosticweb taught: only sexual union for raising the energy (otherwise only sublimation).

Even more than boosting health and awareness, my objective is to try and rapidly progress with the inner smile. I am easily irritated; in the long run, I hope I get to live a superbly excellent moral life. Right now I am quite tense when I try to meditate in the Secrets of Love exercises. I haven't even started to check out the microcosmic orbit.

Good luck with your practice and study.

I think its important to teach yourself how to relax and concentrate without effort from the beginning. There's lots of thread on here about semen retention - including dangers - I would have a read if you haven't already.

To each his own. But to think that semen retention is the key is to miss the point that it is simply jing essense, unless it has been transformed to an alchemical elixir, it is nothing to worry about. Wow, let me take that back a little. One needs to simply submit to some basic study void of egos and see the difference between the jing, qi, and shen. The energy cultivated during first person or dual cultivation need not be "wasted" simply by using , intention, will, to connect to its energy and using breath and intention, root it into the lower dan tien at climax/orgasm. The physical sperm that is exchanged during dual practice can be absorbed by the practice partner or consumed by practitioner. Lighten up my friends, this is about health and happiness. :)

Hello,

I just got introduced to Taoism by Master Mantak Chia's books Taoist Secrets of Love, and Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao. I had read about semen retention a couple of years ago thanks to Gnosticweb (now Gnostic Awakenings I believe), but totally gave up seeing that I wasn't making any progress eliminating egos and am still unmarried.

I think that, at least partly, I looked for the book because of a Tao quote that said one can very rapidly build vitality and health from semen retention. I am surprised to learn that one immediately starts trying to raise the energy from the sex organs. This is in contrast to what Gnosticweb taught: only sexual union for raising the energy (otherwise only sublimation).

Even more than boosting health and awareness, my objective is to try and rapidly progress with the inner smile. I am easily irritated; in the long run, I hope I get to live a superbly excellent moral life. Right now I am quite tense when I try to meditate in the Secrets of Love exercises. I haven't even started to check out the microcosmic orbit.