dwai

The Light on Vedanta

rolleyes.gif dude...I don't even want to respond to you. I used to think you were a level-headed person. It turns out that you're no better than the BBs. Since you quote Swami Vivekananda, here's one he used very nicely in the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago 1893

'Varied are the tastes and many are the paths to a goal.

Some are righteous, some are crooked.

Yet, all aim to reach the goal,

just like all the rivers lead to the ocean.

Similarly, man traverses to Thee.'

My quote was in direct context to Vamachara from Swami Vivekananda... your quote was from a very broad generic like statement not in reference to Vamachara in particular; and in no way refutes the on the scene observations and comments by said Swami. (at that time and place)

I did stereo-type about you more than I should have earlier; although I will also say that it is often a very short step from dangerous left-handed ways to black magic methods... and for some there is no short-step at all since they have joined such practices together. Such is something that level headed people like the the Swami mentioned and many others do not deny.

Btw, why a double post of the same text?

Spirituality is more about individual inner intention than it is about outer conformity... seriously.

Those that transcend popular culture might merge with the karmic prevalence of the mass majority, others will poke holes in it. This all depends upon various forms of interconnected necessity towards the same goal of moksha. Individuals as well as social pockets of group consensus are more complex than black and white dichotomous teaching paradigms.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

My quote was in direct context to Vamachara from Swami Vivekananda... your quote was from a very broad generic like statement not in reference to Vamachara in particular; and in no way refutes the on the scene observations and comments by said Swami. (at that time and place)

I did stereo-type about you more than I should have earlier; although I will also say that it is often a very short step from dangerous left-handed ways to black magic methods... and for some there is no short-step at all since they have joined such practices together. Such is something that level headed people like the the Swami mentioned and many others do not deny.

Btw, why a double post of the same text?

Double post was the software's doing...

I am very familiar with the Ramakrishna Mission's teachings. Sri Ramakrishna himself was a dakshina-marga Tantrik besides being an Advaita Vedanta adept. It is very easy to take Swami Vivekananda's words out of context given that he dates from the turn of the 20th Century...I would strongly advise you against committing the error of anachronism. Times have changed since then as have circumstances.

The whole point of Vamachara is that it is meant to shock/jolt the practitioner out of the rut of mundane reality.

Guest paul walter

Whether 30 seconds or 30 years ago various crimes were committed in Oregon and else-where, (and revealed through eye-witness accounts) and if such dosn't figure into the basis of your opinions then that just makes everything hunky-dorie. (the term, "controversial figure" is nothing more than a gloss job imo)

It's remarkable how his myth survives through his disciples protection/propagation/complicity/guilt. Read the book written by an Australian woman who was an insider/high up and saw and heard "it all" (or most of it any way) The book is Long Journey Back to Freedom by Jane Stork. It puts to rest the debate over the personality of Osho--he was a psychotic control freak (probably Borderline) who did bad bad things to people. Paul

Double post was the software's doing...

I am very familiar with the Ramakrishna Mission's teachings. Sri Ramakrishna himself was a dakshina-marga Tantrik besides being an Advaita Vedanta adept. It is very easy to take Swami Vivekananda's words out of context given that he dates from the turn of the 20th Century...I would strongly advise you against committing the error of anachronism. Times have changed since then as have circumstances.

The whole point of Vamachara is that it is meant to shock/jolt the practitioner out of the rut of mundane reality.

Ok Dwai,

Like I said earlier and will say again I did go to far with some of my stereo-types directed at you and I'm sorry.

I do know about getting shocked out of the ruts of what I would call mundane outlooks... and the right hand path can easily do such beyond what the mind can imagine! (through compassion)

Om, Jai Sat Guru

It's remarkable how his myth survives through his disciples protection/propagation/complicity/guilt. Read the book written by an Australian woman who was an insider/high up and saw and heard "it all" (or most of it any way) The book is Long Journey Back to Freedom by Jane Stork. It puts to rest the debate over the personality of Osho--he was a psychotic control freak (probably Borderline) who did bad bad things to people. Paul

Paul,

It does blow me away sometimes that information like that coming from Jane Stork (and other eye-witness accounts) is often minimized or not even looked at!

I understand the ideas and generalizations about how we can also learn from troubles or contrasts, but such is not a good reason to give in to, fall under, or go silent regarding such influences; in other words experience from being in a fender bender (and sharing that) would hopefully prevent one (and others) from becoming a fatality in a head-on crash down the the road.

Om