Sign in to follow this  
ccistern

Deeper Studies

Hi,

I am a practitioner of Tai chu and Chi Kung for almost 4 years. I enjoy very much doing taichi and inner alchemy exercises. I would like to become an instructor and get an official instructor or teacher certificate but i dont know where i can get deeper knowledge of the tao disciplines. I have in mind to go to Wudang Mountains for several month or a year of training . Is that the best place to start? Any Suggestions? I really need help on these issue.

Thank you very much

Is that the best place to start? Any Suggestions? I really need help on these issue.

You can find "deeper" Tao wherever you are. I would even say going to China, Wudang especially, you might experience less of it. Most of what is left of Taoism in China is a tourist trap.

And to teach you certainly do not need a certificate. You need to have the skills. Have you mastered the forms? Weapons? Pushing Hands? Find teachers that have these skills mastered. You will gain mastery of the principles through the mastery of the skills.

You can find "deeper" Tao wherever you are. I would even say going to China, Wudang especially, you might experience less of it. Most of what is left of Taoism in China is a tourist trap.

And to teach you certainly do not need a certificate. You need to have the skills. Have you mastered the forms? Weapons? Pushing Hands? Find teachers that have these skills mastered. You will gain mastery of the principles through the mastery of the skills.

So where I can find a place/monastery/temple/center with real masters with the possibility to spend a long period of intense training? I would really like master some skills but I dont know where......It is sad that wudang mountain have lost the real purpose of their teaching and have become a tourist trap.

You want to master some martial arts? I'm no expert and have never visited China, but Wudang seems good. Have you seen the higher level priests doing martial forms? It is pretty amazing.

Be clear in what you want to learn and develop at, then it'll be easier to do so.

Where do you live? Are you studying under a master? My sifu has a very clear program, including levels of achievement that qualify one to pass on the art to others.

Sign in to follow this