skywalker

Pa Kua Chang Chi Kung : Niveau 1-6

hi....there are several volumes of books named "Pa Kua Chang Chi Kung : Niveau 1 -6" from Jerry alan Johnson but

are in France language.........anybody knows some english version of these books?

thanks

hi....there are several volumes of books named "Pa Kua Chang Chi Kung : Niveau 1 -6" from Jerry alan Johnson but

are in France language.........anybody knows some english version of these books?

thanks

Hi Skywalker,

I'm French, I've these books at home.

In fact these are the 6 first manuals of a 10 manuals set.

I think you could directly contact Mister Bernard Shannon to know if these volumes are available in your language (and also simply still available !!).

These books are inspiring.

After my recent meeting with an internal wing chun Master I have a new interest for these books.

For example, the first volume gives different methods of breathing to bring the fondations for the student (belly breathing, reverse breathing, chi "drumming", microcosmic orbit) and also tools for beginning Iron shirt training (water bison, turtle, etc, ...)

Good luck for your research.

Kadishtu

Hi Skywalker,

I'm French, I've these books at home.

In fact these are the 6 first manuals of a 10 manuals set.

I think you could directly contact Mister Bernard Shannon to know if these volumes are available in your language (and also simply still available !!).

These books are inspiring.

After my recent meeting with an internal wing chun Master I have a new interest for these books.

For example, the first volume gives different methods of breathing to bring the fondations for the student (belly breathing, reverse breathing, chi "drumming", microcosmic orbit) and also tools for beginning Iron shirt training (water bison, turtle, etc, ...)

Good luck for your research.

Kadishtu

thanks you my friend...but i don't think that these books exist in English version....any way i want to believe that the material of these 10 manuals you said it is similar to the 2 volumes of "the essence of internal martial arts"

plus the medical qigong of Jerry Alan Johnson and similar to the iron shirt 1,2,3 of Mantak Chia ...

Do you have the last seven volumes in pdf format?(in French of course)....i will start to use a translator...thanks again for your reply!

thanks you my friend...but i don't think that these books exist in English version....any way i want to believe that the material of these 10 manuals you said it is similar to the 2 volumes of "the essence of internal martial arts"

plus the medical qigong of Jerry Alan Johnson and similar to the iron shirt 1,2,3 of Mantak Chia ...

Do you have the last seven volumes in pdf format?(in French of course)....i will start to use a translator...thanks again for your reply!

Hey, seems like I didn't come back quick enough to answer you back :)

Well, for the "material" of these 10 volumes: mostly fighting oriented in my opinion.

"The essence of internal martial arts" was -in my opinion- more an opportunity for mister Johnson to show "all the possibilities" that could be reached fallowing such an internal training, but in no case it would be used as a training manual (completely... incomplete !!).

I didn't read the "medical qi gong" volumes, but the summaries tend to show a very different material than "pa kua chang chi kung" volumes.

For Mantak Chia Iron shirt volumes: I can't speak about it, I don't know these.

In fact, volumes 1 to 6 of pa kua chang chi kung are still available on amazon.

7 to 10 were available, I think, only via Mister Johnson when you completed the training of the other books and answer some questions.

I do not have these last 4 volumes.

And sorry, I do not have PdF files of what I have :(

If you are realy interested in it, and if you live in USA, you must try to contact Mister Bernard Shannon or an other advanced student of mister Johnson for more information.

Sincerely,

Kadishtu

Edit:

if you use a translator be careful: it seems like the texts in these books were not correctly translated from English to French, and so there are some weird sentences. I'm quite able to guess what was the "original" sentences in English, but using an automatic translator to go from French to English again might give some treasures of high level strangeness and incomprehension :) :)

Be careful to not ruin your health because of poor translation ;)

Edited by kadishtu