Sign in to follow this  
time to change

siddhasana

i been doing yoga for a while and am able to sit in full lotus but alwais with pain and numbness and today i did siddhasana and it felt great before i could not do it but now i can i want to know if i could reach the same benefits of full lotus doing siddhasana like opening third eye and microcosmic orbit

That would depend upon what sort of "effects" you are a looking for.

http://www.holistic-online.com/yoga/hol_yoga_pos_siddhasana.htm

This is a good site concerning yogic poses and practices like siddhasana.

As for the third eye, here is how you open it.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

Start by learning how to open your chakras. You must start with the root chakra. Nothing can be achieved until your root chakra is in balance.

Take your time. Do not be in a hurry to reach any goal. Sit in siddhasana, do the mudras, and learn about yourself. You are a great mystery in yourself. Boundless and limitless, you will surprise yourself at every turn. These are not empty flowery words. I promise, there are powers within you that you have never dreamed of.

I hope these links will help you. Remember, the worst thing you can do is try to rush your practices. In the end, it really won't matter whether it took four months, four years or forty years.

Namaste

I once read that "siddhi" means a straight shot to hit bullseye. I think the reason why they called it siddhasana is because the whole purpose of the pose is to shoot your energy straight up your spine to the brain. It doesn't really accomplish anything else.

If you think of padmasana, you see that a lotus flower blooms open...in other words opening all of your channels. It's symbolic of the purity of the spiritual heart...the pose gives a similar kind of bliss to this description (even half lotus, which is the only thing I could get into). It also accomplishes the rising of your sexual energy to the brain, same as siddhasana.

So really, I think siddhasana is overrated. Some practice it because it fits their system of practices...for instance if they have a mantra that has a complimentary effect. Some like myself don't practice any special poses. But if you don't have a system, and if you can get into the pose, you might as well keep practicing full lotus.

I once read that "siddhi" means a straight shot to hit bullseye. I think the reason why they called it siddhasana is because the whole purpose of the pose is to shoot your energy straight up your spine to the brain. It doesn't really accomplish anything else.

If you think of padmasana, you see that a lotus flower blooms open...in other words opening all of your channels. It's symbolic of the purity of the spiritual heart...the pose gives a similar kind of bliss to this description (even half lotus, which is the only thing I could get into). It also accomplishes the rising of your sexual energy to the brain, same as siddhasana.

So really, I think siddhasana is overrated. Some practice it because it fits their system of practices...for instance if they have a mantra that has a complimentary effect. Some like myself don't practice any special poses. But if you don't have a system, and if you can get into the pose, you might as well keep practicing full lotus.

i guess i should not give up on full lotus it just that my left leg gets numb every time around 15 minutes but i alwais beel tingling in my third eye from not giving up on full lotus i think things just take a lot of practice also how do i know when my chaneels open cuz when am in full lotus my whole body gets warm ad i start to sweat what does it mean

It means you are clearing some channels, due to the fire element in the belly being activated. Good work. :)

It's okay to be numb for a while. I've heard that it helps to open the leg channels (so you won't get numb anymore), if you hold your breath then hit your heels against the floor.

but is only my left leg which is the leg on top of the right that gets numb but something strange is happening when i touch my left leg in the calf area i feell very litle is if like its stil numb and its been the for some days what could this be do people go through this process too

but is only my left leg which is the leg on top of the right that gets numb but something strange is happening when i touch my left leg in the calf area i feell very litle is if like its stil numb and its been the for some days what could this be do people go through this process too

Hey man, check out the electricenergy link I gave you. It provides a lot of information on learning how to sit in postures that are unusual for us westerners.

Basically, take it slow. Practice becoming more flexible. Until you can comfortably sit in full lotus, don't strain yourself. There's nothing wrong with the other positions. Full lotus is a big help with keeping upright, so i'd definitely go for it!

Hey man, check out the electricenergy link I gave you. It provides a lot of information on learning how to sit in postures that are unusual for us westerners.

Basically, take it slow. Practice becoming more flexible. Until you can comfortably sit in full lotus, don't strain yourself. There's nothing wrong with the other positions. Full lotus is a big help with keeping upright, so i'd definitely go for it!

i am flexible i can do the split and put my legs behind my leg because i do lots of yoga poses i can sit perfectly in full lotus but after 10 minutes it gets weir my body gets hot all my awareness goes to my third eye and then i fell my legs weird and when the 15 minute hits my left leg only the calf and ankle go numb and i get scare cuz i dont know what would happe to my left leg if i hold it for more time

Sign in to follow this