Sign in to follow this  
Jing Attiig

A question to the general public

Greetings,

What do you see when you look at the world - in respect to the human condition ? Do you think that our current approach to educating ourselves and our children is adequate enough to sustain life on this planet ?

What is your view ?

Are we headed down a path of self/planetary destruction or will things work out for us all ?

Are our politicians taking us further and further into a downward spiral, or do you think they are taking into account the necessary changes that must be made to ensure our survival ?

Do you think that the current level of control that the media corporations have over what we see, hear and feel everyday in our lives is beneficial to us, things like aspiring to look beautifully (photoshopped) and desiring to to be accepted by our peers even to the detriment of our physical, mental and spiritual health ?

Is it beneficial for us to be competing against each other to obtain as much of the earths resources as possible, just to be 'the most advanced' country in competition with other countries, all the while literally bleeding the planet dry.

The way of the Tao - is to fall into line with universal harmony - the current human way of life is in harmony with the exact opposite - self destructive annihilation.

I wonder, what are your views, do you think we can change enough before it's too late, or have we already overstepped the mark ?

Jing Attiig

Ordained Taoist Warrior Monk

www.taowushin.com

Hi Jing,

What a question: I wonder, what are your views, do you think we can change enough before it's too late, or have we already overstepped the mark ?

Yes, we have already overstepped the mark, in my opinion.

However, because I am an optimist at heart I also believe that we can, if we awaken to the reality of our world in total, we can make the adjustments necessary for human life to continue for still a very long time.

Regretfully, changes will be needed and I doubt that they changes will be made in mass voluntarily but will need be forced upon the people by some supreme power.

Peace & Love!

I honestly don't know. It's really a coin flip at this point. We might wise up before it's too late, and we might not.

It's definitely a good sign that some Westerners are starting to get interested in a different kind of spirituality and psychology than the one that has dominated for a couple thousand years.

Will it be enough? I don't know. I think we'll need more people awakening in the next few decades if we are to have a chance of avoiding disaster.

That's why, as much as I hate pushing anything on anyone, I do try to stay active promoting alternative viewpoints. There's no time left to sit on the sidelines.

Heyall. What a question! What a dire predicament we find oursellves in! But where there's life, there's consciousness...

I have been working as a eco-tour guide for the past eleven years. My familoy has practised wildlife rescue for the same eleven years. For ten years prior, I worked in the conservation movement - everything from being chained to a bulldozer to parliamentary negotiations, media liason and research, school talks and carrying dead animals around in the city to show people the pointy end of their lifestyles.

I have had exactly this discussion with numerous activists ovwer the years. Including the discussion about precipitating the crisis to limit collattoral damage. Do we let the mass of humanity aqmble its way to disaster? Or do we push them over the edge or pull the rug out from under them?

Whenb injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty!

By most measures we have patently crossed a critical line whereby life and the parameters of life will change. In way7s both subtle and profound. The delicate interplay of gravity and magnetism; of light and heat and sundry radiations; of consciousness and instinct all continue. We are the rocks dancing , but our ears are tuned to new songs and our feet are dancing in designer shoes. Do we honour and protect our children? Do we husband the environment for its own sustainability and for the good of all sentient beings? Do we carefully remove our waste away so that it cannot affect our nest?

Fundamentally, are we overpopulating the planet???

The planet is on the verge of a series of ecosystem collapse. It is a question of wheter natural systems can cope quickly enough with rapid shifts in ecological balance to sustain systems within life-supporting parameters.

Good luck my friends...

Sign in to follow this