Sign in to follow this  
TimBlack

And the seventh brings RETURN

I've been in and out of here for more years than I care to remember. Poor health and great pain were the teachers that led me into the world of "inner alchemy". A Simple practice led to an undetermined mind;

"The art of living...is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging to the past on the other. It consists in being sensitive to each moment, in regarding it as utterly new and unique, in having the mind open and wholly receptive. Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present. Tomorrow and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live. There is no other reality than present reality, so that, even if one were to live for endless ages, to live for the future would be to miss the point. Alan Watts

In hindsight, I recall the slow drift from the simple peace of being to the study (stink) of Buddhism. Now I am not criticizing Buddhism, but as it was that I came from a strong Christian fundamentalist background, I believe that a system of religiosity crept in.

I am back here, returning if you will, trying to reestablish a simple Qigong practice along with finding some Taoist guidance and support.

Gah!!!!

http://tao1776.blogspot.com/

Welcome back tao1776, not that we have met before.

You have passed this way before but you are not regressing.

This is progress, for the cycle now repeats itself, and this time you are aware that it truly is a cycle.

The return of old familiars is welcome.

You can be as sure of this cycle as you are that seven days bring the start of a new week.

Use this dormancy phase to plan which direction you will grow - Yi Jing

I've been in and out of here for more years than I care to remember. Poor health and great pain were the teachers that led me into the world of "inner alchemy". A Simple practice led to an undetermined mind;

"The art of living...is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging to the past on the other. It consists in being sensitive to each moment, in regarding it as utterly new and unique, in having the mind open and wholly receptive. Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present. Tomorrow and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live. There is no other reality than present reality, so that, even if one were to live for endless ages, to live for the future would be to miss the point. Alan Watts

In hindsight, I recall the slow drift from the simple peace of being to the study (stink) of Buddhism. Now I am not criticizing Buddhism, but as it was that I came from a strong Christian fundamentalist background, I believe that a system of religiosity crept in.

I am back here, returning if you will, trying to reestablish a simple Qigong practice along with finding some Taoist guidance and support.

Gah!!!!

Thanks for that Watts quote. Its exactly the way i try to live nowadays.

Things creep in to our minds all the time, dear friend. That is not the issue i think. Perhaps what upsets us is when we knowingly or otherwise allow them to remain, and there they fester like neglected wounds, either through ignorance, which is forgivable, or plain stubbornness, which is less forgivable, but workable all the same. I do not think Buddhism stinks as much as our own lack of will to cease clinging to old habits and attitudes, like the way we hate to throw out old T-shirts and old jeans.

Hopefully someday we will see that the hopelessness we seem to have are not contributed so much by things outside of us, or even the choices we have made, but rather in the way we think we have no control in steering ourselves in new directions by creating radical 'new' sets of causes in this present moment.

I am not even sure why i wrote these things. Maybe its just what i had picked up after reading parts of your blog. Dont mean it to look as if i am attempting to offer any significant insights to you or anything remotely resembling that; if there is such a thing as free advice, i'd sooner give it to myself quickly.

Wishing you much serenity, and if you should read this, then.... welcome back! :)

I'm going to wander the halls and get myself re-acquainted. Cow Tao - a little bit of the curmudgeon spirit possessed me for a season. When its happening its happening....but once out at the other side it becomes clear how great a hold it had on you.

Sign in to follow this