RongzomFan

Dzogchen (and Buddhism) Summarized

I know you already said that Vajrahridaya is more knowledgeable than the Dalai Lama

Once again you put words into my mouth. If anything is offensive to me, it's not the curse words and impoliteness. It is this kind of behavior. I am going to report you now for misrepresenting what I said.

Play fair boys and girls ;)

It might be time for our discoursing gladiators to review the Principles of Interfaith dialogue I posted up last time we had disagreements of this nature.

•  
  • Dialogue invites us to come together as people, not as belief systems.
  • Dialogue, which is characterized by courtesy and respect, is most productive when its participants are considerate, open-minded, and genuine in their desire to learn from the other partners.
  • Dialogue is enhanced if participants have engaged in a preliminary investigation of the other faith tradition, as well as in an informed and self-critical reflection upon their own faith identity.
  • Dialogue recognizes that in order to reach a clear understanding, we must pay attention to vocabulary.
  • Dialogue asks us first to understand, and only then to be understood.
  • Dialogue should be transformative, opening the windows of the mind and spirit to a broader vision of spiritual awareness in the world.
  • Anticipating that we will encounter both similarities and differences, dialogue recognizes that mutual acceptance and understanding, not absolute agreement, is the main goal.

I love that! Thanks! :D

I sort of had an inkling of that before, but this guy really nailed it in words!

Yes, it's quite succinct. ^_^

I sort of had an inkling of that before, but this guy really nailed it in words!

I agree, but then, what else would you expect from the first Panchen Lama's teachers? Any thanks goes to Alexander Berzin for making such a great online resource available for free.</ad>