Sign in to follow this  
vincenzo

meditation and music

Hi Everyone,

I'm keen to hear what your views are on using meditation music whilst meditating? There was a thread which had discussed this late last year with some agreeing its useful whilst others don't. Do people find it useful?

I'm of the impression that it's best done in a quiet environment with no noise and clear your mind of all thoughts and focus your mind and breathing on your dan tian.

Look forward to your comments.

Regards,

vincenzo

It can be distracting, but sometimes being distracted is good in order to have a break through.

I like shakuhachi music, because it's calming and it ebbs and flows. Periods of silence, periods of wildness, periods of beauty. Try it out. :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm keen to hear what your views are on using meditation music whilst meditating? There was a thread which had discussed this late last year with some agreeing its useful whilst others don't. Do people find it useful?

I'm of the impression that it's best done in a quiet environment with no noise and clear your mind of all thoughts and focus your mind and breathing on your dan tian.

Look forward to your comments.

Regards,

vincenzo

I almost always meditated with music on. Reason was that when I didn't, I'd nearly fall asleep at times, and from my experience it is much more important to be as conscious as possible than to be half-asleep while meditating. One could argue that I'd become somewhat dependent on the music to go into deep meditation.

So?

As long as you can pin-point and expand your focus with as clear a mind as possible, should be fine. But honestly, if you like it, do it. If you think it doesn't work for you, don't do it. You know what's best for you.

No I don't think it goes together.. When the mind is trying to be in the most passive state possible, it should'nt be reminded of the emotions/occurences the songs bring up.

Plus its a gateway habit.. Sooner or later you'll start to meditate on pillow and stuff too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.

I'll experiment with the two and see which works for me.

Regards,

vincenzo

Sign in to follow this