Birdoftruth

Hello

Hello everyone. I am bird.I found this forum because of its open nature- Google picked up on some nuggets of gold while I was searching.

I do Vipassana meditation that I am learning while listening to The Science of Enlightenment by Shinzen Young. I am on lecture 10. I have been taking notes and if people want to see my notes I would be glad to post them. The way I am meditating is focusing on my out-breathe. This out-breathe creates a really good pleasurable feeling in my stomach and spreads. That is what I focus on. I look forward to sharing insights with one-another.

Hello everyone. I am bird.I found this forum because of its open nature- Google picked up on some nuggets of gold while I was searching.

I do Vipassana meditation that I am learning while listening to The Science of Enlightenment by Shinzen Young. I am on lecture 10. I have been taking notes and if people want to see my notes I would be glad to post them. The way I am meditating is focusing on my out-breathe. This out-breathe creates a really good pleasurable feeling in my stomach and spreads. That is what I focus on. I look forward to sharing insights with one-another.

Hi I trained in Ramakrishna meditation style practice in Chicago back in the 70s, very much like Vipassana meditation. Cloud

Wow guys something interesting happened to me today while meditating. Since I do feeling body meditation I just try to channel the relaxation feeling throughout my body. Well i like to focus on when my shoulders drop the feeling of relaxation that reaches to my arms. It is amazing how real this feeling is getting. Well today my arms started glowing. I don't know how to explain it. My eyes are closed. I'm sitting in my chair and I feel the energy just shift to my hands where I was focusing and each time I let out a breathe the feeling just got more and more intense. I can just say it was glowing with energy. My doubt arose and I thought perhaps I was just delusional so I took my attention off of it and brought it back to my hands and the intensity died down. Well that was this morning. So I tested it again tonight and halfway through I got that feeling of intense energy in my hands. It is real. It is very fucking real. I love this. I also noticed the more I do it the better I can have mindfulness throughout the day in normal activities.