Sign in to follow this  
Quiet heart

Quiet heart

Hello,

I live in Poland. I’m interested in Daoism a few years. In Poland there is no Daoist associations or communities, so it is not easy. Taoism I know mainly from books, which have already accumulated an impressive number. Recently I was fortunate to know a woman - daoshi from Dragon Gate. Her advices are very helpful for me. Unfortunately she doesn’t live in Poland, but in UK. Nonetheless, I think it opens a new stage in my adventure of Taoism :) Today I intend to start a regular practice - eight pieces of brocade. Besides, I believe that the most important part of practice is our daily lives (mindfulness, appropriate behaviour, etc.).

By the way, I wanted to start a topic in Taoist Discussion. How to do it or where new members can do this?

Regards,

QH

Edited by Quiet heart

Hi,

Hope you enjoy your time at Taobums.

If you want to start a new discussion thread just go to the Discussion page and click New Topic button and fill in the fields.

John

The eight brocades are a good set. Love the first move, to lengthen the spine. Maybe you'll get taller too. :lol: (Just kidding.)

The standing 8 brocade is very good but now I'm going to practice a sitting version, more internal. I'm studying theory of these exercises on the basis of book 'Eight Brocade Seated Ch'i-Kung' by Stuart Alve Olson. This book is really recommendable (contains unique texts written by Lǐ Qīngyún).

Edited by Quiet heart

Sign in to follow this