trailmaker

Knowledge, Belief, Faith

The alchemist Fulcanelli asserted that English is the language of the gods, that all the esoteric knowledge they possess is encoded therein...

fools be fools heh? yeah dude u play on yr nintendo in english, the gods talk to u.

every time one thinks the fools cant get more ridicurous they up and do.

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

User warned: ad hominem attack.

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Namaste Everyone :D

Thought I would take the time to highlight the parts of Seth's post that I really resonated with as it seems that some have missed the essential message of his post. Here are the lines that (to me) seemed to hit the nail on the head:

"Everything we think we know about ourselves and others and the world is the assortment of knowledge we have chosen to believe.

Knowledge is not True. There is Zero truth in knowledge. That doesn't make knowledge bad, in fact knowledge is quite useful, such as giving us the ability to communicate through our knowledge of the Language/s we speak.

The problems start when we can no longer see that the knowledge tools that we use are just shared agreed upon constructs, and not at all the Truth."

"When you realise all your beliefs are just Lies, and cease believing in any construct made with words, then you are beginning to see Truth. But that Truth can not be put into words. The minute you do, it is no longer Truth and just a construct."

Personally I wouldn't have chosen to use the word "lies" above and would have picked a different word like "thoughts", but in essence I agree. Beliefs aren't Truth.

"To me Knowing has Zero reliance on thoughts, words, concepts or beliefs and is always Right."

A (heart) Knowing that needs no external validation.

I'm pretty sure that what Seth is talking about in his post, what the meaning beneath the words is, is that words/language/beliefs are not Truth. Truth is something that can not be put into words. Words can only point to Truth. As it is said, "The Tao that can be spoken of is not The Tao" (or something like that ;) [i know very little about Taoism])

Love!

:D