Art

Primorial Qigong - Michael Winn

I have the Michael Wynn vhs tape can I just practice the form faster and save $50 or should I go buy the DVD for the faster form? Also, is it available in DVD or is it only downloadable now?

I have the Michael Wynn vhs tape can I just practice the form faster and save $50 or should I go buy the DVD for the faster form? Also, is it available in DVD or is it only downloadable now?

Edit: Sllllllip! :P

Edited by RyanO

I don't have the VHS (on a side note, I just moved and was forced to throw away many of my old VHS tapes. It was sad and I felt a pang of nostalgia :( )

It is available on DVD, but I'm guessing that it is the same recording as on the VHS, so save your money.

There is no separate 'faster form', just do the form faster. :)

i don't think billb's question was vhs vs dvd, but rather "stick with Winn, just do it faster," or "buy the dvd by Cheng Bingsong and maybe learn some new aspects of the form."

my answer would be, it's up to you. it always is.

i'm CRAZY committed to my exploration of qigong, so i often purchase multiple videos of the same form from different artists. what i never liked about Winn's Primordial form is his lack of precision and visible internal structure when he moves. videos like that frustrate me because i tend to move with exactitude, and if i am to deviate from the original, i want that original to be precise so that my deviations are conscious/intentional. truth be told, the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung videos frustrate me for the same reason.

as soon as i read this thread, i immediately bought the ebook AND the Cheng Bingsong version of the form. to me, it's worth it. i don't think it's necessary by any means. but in my pursuit of excellence, having the additional material is worth it to me.

BTW: i'm happy to see such a positive thread about this form. i think the last time the form was discussed here (someone was selling a copy of Winn's version, i think), most of the people who commented thought it was a waste. i didn't understand that at all. good to see that more people are practicing it and can vouch for some of the form's benefits. :)

Edited by Hundun

i don't think the question was vhs vs dvd, but rather "stick with Winn, just do it faster," or "buy the dvd by Cheng Bingsong and maybe learn some new aspects of the form."

my answer would be, it's up to you. it always is.

i'm CRAZY committed to my exploration of qigong, so i often purchase multiple videos of the same form from different artists. what i never liked about Winn's Primordial form is his lack of precision and visible internal structure when he moves. videos like that frustrate me because i tend to move with exactitude, and if i am to deviate from the original, i want that original to be precise so that my deviations are conscious/intentional. truth be told, the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung videos frustrate me for the same reason.

as soon as i read this thread, i immediately bought the ebook AND the Cheng Bingsong version of the form. to me, it's worth it. i don't think it's necessary by any means. but in my pursuit of excellence, having the additional material is worth it to me.

Oh yeah, duh. Slip on my part. :wacko:

So yes, I have the ebook and the Bingsong video and recommend them.