Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Orbit acupressure?

Orbit acupressure?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you practiced orbit points acupressure?

• Yes.
    • Not really (maybe once or twice, kinda).
    • No.

Something obvious that I've done hardly any of before..

Got a massage pointer. :)

pointer_small.jpg

Edited by sean

That thing looks like a thing to smoke herbs out of!

Yes I have literaly used accupuncture needles on my orbit points, it was pretty intense to mediate afterwords!!!!!!!!!!!!! New level of opening.

Although, I do not recommend the accupuncture point in the 3rd eye, er, on second thought, DO IT!

hahahaha

It feels pretty invigorating, doing it with breathing. I didnt stick these meedles IN but just held them to the points, so yeah, it was really like accupresssure. Dude, I feel like that really opened my 3rd eye point to a new level, I feel it open right now, and pretty much at all times, also thanks to Lu Kuan Yu's book which advises how to mediate on it/the nose.

So, yeah, accupressure on the orbit is awesome! Needles is even more intense!!!!!! I have only done it once, as that was adequite to get the feeling...perhaps I will do it again another time, but not on the head...oh, and I am no expert accupuncturer, just was messing around with it at the suggestion of Daotaichi, needles are available online, even if your not licensed.

Peace out.

I am no expert accupuncturer,
Me, neither. Using needles, you really have to find the acupoint exactly. With acupressure (aka shiatsu, acu-massage), all you have to do is knead around for a tender/sore place, then massage that general area/point.

--- later edit ---

It'd be so helpful to have a doctor of oriental medicine on board.

Edited by Trunk

When I was hanging out with Lozen at the Ken Cohen workshop there were bunch of acupunture/chinese medicine students around but Lozen was too embarassed to tell them about this place. LOL!

I've had a lot of orbit points needled. The one that seems most used is the Sea of Chi. In fact almost every treatment i've ever had used this point. Also I've had the 3rd eye needled several times, it is indeed wild. Also the crown needled too. Several 8 extra points and patterns, an extension of the orbit.

It's pretty standard for Michael Winn to teach using accupressure on yourself for orbit practice. Use two points on the orbit, press on each one and breath between them. Also kinda leap froging along the orbit. It's a nice way to move thru blockages.

My first live microcosmic orbit teacher was Richard Leirer (former NQA Pres.). He had me chant the points in chinese on the orbit for the circulation. The notes rose up the spine, fell down the front. Very powerfull. I was in a daze for hours.

He is a practicing Qigong healer in the Cleveland area on staff at the VA hospital. He has the "master" title for any of you that require that. He's quite a force with old school priciples and techniques. I would reccomend anyone to study with him. He's someone with a huge heart and boundless energy.

http://www.pghc.net/richard_leirer.htm

Dono if he has an actual website.

I still love doing the orbit in this manner but most often us Wu's 3 Sources Shamanic form becaues it is fun and Wu is just plain cool.

qi

:-0

GETTING THE GOVERNER VESSEL

I know someone posted something about this device earlier (thanks!, who was that?), and I'm just now trying it out and am impressed.

The Back Roller

ma20afx.jpg

Scroll down on this page for explaination of what its for and how to use. (Also, they sell 'em etc.).

--- later edit ---

(btw, I bought mine at a local massage-supply shop, for ~$27, that place sells 'em for ~$50)

Edited by Trunk

Funny i just used one of those this morning. Had not thought of it as an orbit helper but you are right.

Have not looked at your instructions but the best way I've found to use it is to lay it under your back on the floor and use your body weight. This is very intense, it took me quite a while to be able to do it all the way up and down without being skiddish with it. Powerful & simple device.

Mine is simmilar, my dad made it for me on a lathe after i saw one and wanted it.

qi :-)

In my case it's from a tight back as a result of poor posture like slouching shoulders and chest. Most likley this is a result of short breath not supporting the mid section. This little piece of wood help roll the tight spots out.

I'd guess that it would be good for anyone though really depending on how you used it. Good for you that your back does not get tight. Keep breathing.

I also have a vibrator that has two little round heads spaced like the roller. It's great along the spine too which is what it was designed for. I use it all over the body as well before bone breathing with the wire hitter. If you do these two thing before standing practice you'll find a whole new way to experince the practice.

Then do the orbit.

:-)

Yeah. The way I'm looking at it now is not about one point, nor one physical part of the body, but to get flow through. I've been doing this by working more than one pt, on the orbit, and also on the arms & legs. My feeling is that when I do the arms & legs that it prompts flow between them, through the torso. This provides a complement to massage, qi gong, etc, in the lower tan tien.

It's pretty standard for Michael Winn to teach using accupressure on yourself for orbit practice. Use two points on the orbit, press on each one and breath between them. Also kinda leap froging along the orbit. It's a nice way to move thru blockages.
Edited by Trunk

that sounds great like eight extraordinary vessel or the eight govenors, of course the microscomic orbit is two of them, & yea once the orbit is really open the light awareness will flow out into the limbs, then evenually the tube taurus, both dircetions at once or no direction at all, or infinity......oh gee it's gets pretty wild by then. i look at the orbit as balancing the yin yang swing.

that's a also good point (no punn intended) about not focusing on points too much. it's kinda the same with the 5 phases, as soon as you look at them as "elements" they are single parts stuck rather than just movement on the whole.

but i have learned a lot from accupucture and accuperessure about focus on a certain point that is stuck. it's like if you can just get into that space and pay attention right there, you don't even have to smile or manipulate just be present, sometimes that's all some "point" needs to open and be free. both have a place and time.

qi :-)

Jeremiah,

Fun conversation. :)

All good points. I'm just going to play the other side, for balance and fun.

that sounds great like eight extraordinary vessel or the eight govenors, of course the microscomic orbit is two of them,

Yes, but the ordinary meridians also go through the arms and legs. I'm very suspicious of the HT sequence, and I don't think that the arms and legs are exotic such that they should be a later, advanced step.

once the orbit is really open the light awareness will flow out into the limbs,

Yes, but.. ;)

I don't see things as a 1-2-3 sort of sequence, in the natural dynamics of the body, nor in steps of cultivation. All the parts of the body support each other dynamically, all the time; there is no "beginning". There's no way a cultivator is going to get the orbit "open" (as if there were only open/closed) without everything else being healthy and open; the body is an integral whole. How this works out practically, in cultivation, is closer to circular: You work on one piece of the puzzle, get it going to some extent, then move on to another piece that needs work. Later, you'll find that you can go back to the original piece and get deeper work on it - due to all the work you've put in since then. So, more like a circle, or spiral, that goes progressively deeper and deeper.

sometimes that's all some "point" needs to open and be free. both have a place and time.

Agreed, definately. There's a balance between working locally and distally. I've come around to that view as a result of working with sexual energy (massage, lower tan tien breathing, etc) and the fact that stagnation tends to occur with retention. While the local massage, exercise, etc is important to start circulation locally, it also has the negative effect of increasing stagnation - if done alone. - Because it brings blood, qi, and yi into the area which is already suffering from excess (stagnation is an excess condition, too much jammed up in one place). So there needs to be a two-pronged complementary approach of local work (to exercise and loosen locally) and distal work (to promote flow-through).

Case in point. I was working with my acupuncturist some years ago, and we both knew I had stagnation in my lower jiao. I'd bought some needles (though I'm not a dr) and needled a bunch of points in my belly & lower ab, with the intent of loosening things up. I went to see my acupuncturist and he said I was an insane maniac :lol: , and basically told me the theory that I mentioned in my previous paragraph, that I was bringing blood and qi to an area that already had too much. :blink: Live & learn. :rolleyes:

Trunk

Edited by Trunk

Jeremiah,

Fun conversation. :)

All good points. I'm just going to play the other side, for balance and fun.

Yes, but the ordinary meridians also go through the arms and legs. I'm very suspicious of the HT sequence, and I don't think that the arms and legs are exotic such that they should be a later, advanced step.

Yes, but.. ;)

I don't see things as a 1-2-3 sort of sequence, in the natural dynamics of the body, nor in steps of cultivation. All the parts of the body support each other dynamically, all the time; there is no "beginning". There's no way a cultivator is going to get the orbit "open" (as if there were only open/closed) without everything else being healthy and open; the body is an integral whole. How this works out practically, in cultivation, is closer to circular: You work on one piece of the puzzle, get it going to some extent, then move on to another piece that needs work. Later, you'll find that you can go back to the original piece and get deeper work on it - due to all the work you've put in since then. So, more like a circle, or spiral, that goes progressively deeper and deeper.

Agreed, definately. There's a balance between working locally and distally. I've come around to that view as a result of working with sexual energy (massage, lower tan tien breathing, etc) and the fact that stagnation tends to occur with retention. While the local massage, exercise, etc is important to start circulation locally, it also has the negative effect of increasing stagnation - if done alone. - Because it brings blood, qi, and yi into the area which is already suffering from excess (stagnation is an excess condition, too much jammed up in one place). So there needs to be a two-pronged complementary approach of local work (to exercise and loosen locally) and distal work (to promote flow-through).

Case in point. I was working with my acupuncturist some years ago, and we both knew I had stagnation in my lower jiao. I'd bought some needles (though I'm not a dr) and needled a bunch of points in my belly & lower ab, with the intent of loosening things up. I went to see my acupuncturist and he said I was an insane maniac :lol: , and basically told me the theory that I mentioned in my previous paragraph, that I was bringing blood and qi to an area that already had too much. :blink: Live & learn. :rolleyes:

Trunk

Trunk, I think you're on to something. I'm not ready to write down all my thoughts on this, but I have some evidence to prove, both factually and just in logical terms, that plain old retention without an accompanying program is detrimental. An easy way to understand this is, for example, say you stop eating. Your body will start to shut down the metabolism. Same with sex. If you stop ejaculating, your body will start to shut you down. Basically in our prehistoric biology, it means you are not worthy of a mate, since you are obviously not getting any or there is some reason why you are not getting any and you should be terminated. I have reason to believe that unmanaged retention will lead a man to an early andropause. Extra ejaculation should mean you are an alpha male and your body should respond appropriately with the *right* support. Right support meaning diet, rest and all the other advantages afforded to the alpha male so he can stay on top.

Now what this managed program of retention is would be the golden key. I have some ideas that I'm experimenting with, but I think you might be on to some as well.

T

Recently revised my orbit acupressure page.

Short, info-packed.

Most of the alchemy of channels occurs at acupoints, and merely flowing energy past an acupoint doesn't necessarily activate that point.

Sign in to follow this