Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Relaxation, attentiveness, visualization

You know in grade school, you have those kids at their desk, and the teacher asks a question, and this one kid really REALLY wants to answer, he's pretty much hopping on his seat, with his hand up, and making little "uh uh uh" noises, so the teacher chooses him. Well, thats the kind of feeling state that really moves energy as well. There's a kind of childish inner gleefulness and wanting to contribute that drives this state, and makes it superior and closer to the Tao.

I could imagine this being powerful, but at the same time, I think it would be bad to train your mind to be 100% heavy in this intent.

It could lead to you feeling too creative and it might turn into an overwhelming thing for the mind to bear IDK..

Sounds good though;

Personally, If I were to do it, I would hold my attention between the kid who "really REALLY wants to answer" and the kid who is "interested in hearing what the other kid has to say.."

Balance is key right?

Greetings..

Relaxation isn't about being 'limp'.. the classics point to flexible resilience, neither insisting nor resisting.. i favor relaxation, a quiet mind, and a wholesome discipline (Taiji and QiGong work for me).. in the stillness of the mind the discipline emerges naturally 'with' the unfolding process, neither insisting nor resisting.. visualization engages the mind to its own distraction, distorting pure Clarity.. quiet attentiveness flows naturally from relaxation..

Be well..

Sign in to follow this