Machin Shin

Kun lun and Flowers

I have read in the lotus sutra that certain flowers can only bloom when there is a buddha present. I'll let the mystery translate the inner meaning of buddha....

When I was living in a pureland named the Greater World I was visited by Great Royalty, and prior to their arrival the garden bloomed. The blooming of those plants was an auspicious occurrence that heralded the arrival of Great Royalty and two world heroes. It was one of the few times that the plants bloomed in that blackwater garden.

Yes. There are degrees of flowers, really. Some are stupendous. Others just rather pretty. Or not.

Yes. There are degrees of flowers, really. Some are stupendous. Others just rather pretty. Or not.

Yeah, like Devil's Claw. :lol:

Thanks for all the flowers ... made me feel like spring is coming ... but still freezing here.

Yeah, like Devil's Claw. :lol:

Devil's Claw was wonderful for a foot injury I had. I suspect it has a kind of beauty not immediately accesible to all.

Spring in Taos has started. Yesterday was the first rainstorm that turned into a thunderstorm then onto snow.

The plant that started the bloom was angels trumpet, related to belladonna but grows on a shrub instead of a vine. It had two layers of petals inner and outer.