Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

Chi Weightlifting

Looking for practice pointers from people with experience. I know some of you think it's a dangerous practice, so don't try to change my mind :) . I'm thinking of it more as another way to exercise the pelvic floor and increase awareness...

T

Looking for practice pointers from people with experience. I know some of you think it's a dangerous practice, so don't try to change my mind :) . I'm thinking of it more as another way to exercise the pelvic floor and increase awareness...

T

last summer i did practice it for about three months. previous preparation

lastet about three weeks: only massage and patting. Then hanging with very little weight,

after two months 2,5 - 3 kg were comfortable.

Standing tree before, patting and sitting after hanging accompanied this.

What I noticed from the practice:

good muscle training for the whole lower part, including some deeper parts of the abdominal.

increased libido (but in a still comfortable range)

girls around me started to behave nervously (increased testosterone / pheromone production??)

in the beginning it gave me a lot of power. Sometimes I hardly needed 4-5 hours sleep after practice. This effect faded later on.

general feeling of having a lot of energy.

sometimes frequent urination at night (-> too much strain for my prostrate?)

In the end I thought this qi was quite yang. Two, three times per week was enough, more would left me with to much stuck qi (I have a tendency of qi stagnation/ blockage anyway.)

I started to focus more on moving and harmonizing the qi and so eventually this practice faded out..

I think what is important in hanging practice is to make sure that before you start there's already a good basic level of qi in general and through massage in your genitals specifically. Otherwise one may hurt oneself.

And one should make sure to digest and harmonize the qi by meditation, mco, whatever.

affenbrot

another way to exercise the pelvic floor and increase awareness...

Yup. Tips:

1. Only light weight is needed to exercise the area. Get yourself a 5lb and a 2&1/2lb plates, and that's enough. I think you often don't need to use more than 5lbs. (If you chose to go towards heavy weights without close guidance of a genuinely qualified teacher, then you're out of your mind.)

2. Connect the pull to the sacrum and spine, not the organs. Spine integration is really important.

3. Still standing assists into-the-bones.

4. Massage before and after.

last summer i did practice it for about three months. previous preparation

lastet about three weeks: only massage and patting. Then hanging with very little weight,

after two months 2,5 - 3 kg were comfortable.

Standing tree before, patting and sitting after hanging accompanied this.

What I noticed from the practice:

girls around me started to behave nervously (increased testosterone / pheromone production??)

affenbrot

Funny you mention that because I was wondering what was going on..just started it and getting lots of positive attention from women..is it from increased testosterone?

T

Yup. Tips:

1. Only light weight is needed to exercise the area. Get yourself a 5lb and a 2&1/2lb plates, and that's enough. I think you often don't need to use more than 5lbs. (If you chose to go towards heavy weights without close guidance of a genuinely qualified teacher, then you're out of your mind.)

2. Connect the pull to the sacrum and spine, not the organs. Spine integration is really important.

3. Still standing assists into-the-bones.

4. Massage before and after.

Thanks trunk, I knew you would respond! I have been working the spine and intuitively I know not to go past 5 lbs..i guess you could increase the weight by playing with the swing.

On another note, the practice is a good way to release bound up fascia in the lower abdomen.

Tell me more about the massage part..

T

.. intuitively I know not to go past 5 lbs..i guess you could increase the weight by playing with the swing.

On another note, the practice is a good way to release bound up fascia in the lower abdomen.

Tell me more about the massage part..

Agreed about the swing.

re: bound up fascia, I've found that activating the sacrum and the points of the lower torso, and breathing.. I've gotten more release of stagnation that way. (See my "exhale" essay. if you haven't read it in a while, its been revised considerably - worth an entire re-read.)

Massage the sperm palace, the ducts and epidydimis, the testicles (a real key), and prostate (I do that through pc exercises). Details, check the BMNK book. There's a chapt on massage. I've got an essay in the works, but it may be a while.

For various other tips, see the "Iron Shirt 3" section of my site. Really important to get the jing into the marrow, not just pull up a bunch and let it run where-ever in the body.

-- later addition --

I hesitated to add this, cause I've only been taking it for 2 days, but cod liver oil is amazing. I think it assists with circulation and detox, amongst other things. I don't know enough about it to know exactly, nor have I been taking it for but 2 bits.. but its something.

Edited by Trunk

hey,

i have to admit after 3 years i'm still doing this practice and still find it quite powerfull. i would not begin to tell you not to do it other than to wait for a couple days after sex to do the practice.

other stuff & however yes, be sure you keep the qi circulation happening (orbit / 8 extra etc.) and don't start off with too much weight. massage is wise as well as trunk pointed out. i can't think of anyting to get your standing posture more grounded & the deep level sexual jing activated. you will exude sexuality i think maybe deeper and much more than tesostorone alone.

you'll find the swing to ping to the top of your head activating the 9 or so core channel points. be sure to think of the where your feet touch the ground and how they ground your body to the earth. connect that to your entire body.

i usually do a round bone beating (not that bone) with a wire hitter afterward. like most everything else i've taken this practice to extremes and still just hooked on the buzz of keeping the bones vibrating & the bones will really vibrate after these two practices combined.

take your time & don't push it.

good advice from everyone else too....

Sign in to follow this