Sign in to follow this  
lifeforce

The Tao Bums Daily Meditation Challenge

Another week on. Anyone sticking to it ?

I must admit I missed a couple of days this week. I'm just finding it difficult to get up early sometimes.

The focus of my formal sitting meditation has changed. I have always had trouble drifting off into thoughts with vipassana, so I figured I need a more concentration based method.

Anapanasati has filled that gap very well and my meditations have improved 100%.

yep, I am. My challenge is to be consistent with one method, as I have some kind of daily practice pretty much down as a habit for the past couple of years. I'm attending a group to assist with this - it's a Samatha practice from the Therevadan tradition.

This thread may actually work well as a daily or weekly check in thing for people.... that kind of semi-public accountability always works well for me.

Nearly the end of the month, how's it going ?

Keeping up the daily practice of 20 minutes. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a manageable amount of time for me.

I am less likely to fail. :)

Good to hear, lifeforce.

I've kept up 15 minutes a night before bed. My ability to sit in the lotus position is starting to improve. I have also avoided masturbation for an entire week and have had little desire to do it. Actually, my life has significantly changed over the past week. I will have to explain in a new forum thread as it's significant.

Well folks, it's been a few weeks since any updates.

Full lotus 20 minutes anapanasati meditation most days.

I may look to add another 20 minutes of walking meditation sometime soon.

20 minutes is great. When I first started, I tried to meditate 5 minutes a day. But I did it every day. Eventually, this grew to 10, 15 and so on. Now, if I don't meditate, it doesn't feel right.

Keeping up the daily practice of 20 minutes. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a manageable amount of time for me.

Sign in to follow this