Sign in to follow this  
Pietro

Pages too wide

Sorry but I cannot use the site. The pages are too wide and don't fit in my 800*600 laptop screen.

P. :(

COME ON MAHAEJACULATOR,

SOMEONE WITH YER BRAINS CAN JUST WRITE AN ALGORRITM TO RESHAPE DA SCREEN ANY WAY YA WANT.

EITHER YA ADOPT DA CAPPITTALLISTIC WAY N BUY YERSELF A NEW LAPTOP, OR YA ADDOPT DA LUDDITE WAY N HACK YER OLD MACHINE TO PARSE DA PAGE IN A COOL MOFOS' WAY.

OR YA JUST USE DA GODDAM SCROLL BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW HAVE YA BEEN? HAVENT SEEN YA MUCH ON DA FORUM LATELY.

BYE NOW,

RONNIETSU TSU-TSU

PS: IF YA USE OPERA BROWSER, YA CAN USE YER OWN CSS STYLE SHEETS N FIX DA SCREEN WIDTH EASILY I GUESS.

Did you have this problem before the new template Pietro? Just curious because I actually make the width smaller on this latest template, but I can make it even smaller if need be.

If you use Opera (www.opera.com) and get the latest preview version, you can get it to automatically scale the entire page (text + images) to fit to your screen width.

Opera is also the world's best browser for plenty of other reasons!

Hmmm.. I'll have to check out Opera. I've heard that there is adware in it, no? I'm partial to Firefox as an IE alternative. Ever try it?

Yeah, Opera is free (if you don't mind a small adbar, and only about $39 to buy anyway), no adware, no junk, very secure, very fast. It has lots of really great features such as MDI browsing, mouse gestures, built in email, news, chat, RSS, very customizable (you can skin it, change all the menus, including right click pop up menus, add any buttons anywhere etc). And the entire install package is only 6MB. I really cant recommend it enough.

Never used Firefox as I just can't see it being able to offer anything that Opera doesn't. From the Opera forums I gather than FF is still slower, bigger and much more prone to crash (because of all of its plugins), and just not as funky. Mind you, anything is better than IE!

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about the mouse gestures. Interesting idea. I think I'll check it out...

And cool, it's available for Linux too (checking out their web page).

Cool. I have used Opera for years so feel free to ask if you get any problems.

Download the beta version of 7.6 from http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?...40&pagenumber=1 to get all the latest features. It is a very stable beta.

Ah, thats the Windows version (which I use), but you can get a preview for Linux from http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=72832

Thanks for the link. I use Windows 90% of the time, I just like to see things available for Linux because I am a nerd like that. :D

If you've had time to try Opera what are you first thoughts? Are you loving it? It is the nerd's choice I think (I can say that cos I'm a nerd too!)

If you go to your profile and:

1) look for "Board Style:"

2) Select "subsilver"

The red version of Tao Bums is gigantic using FireFox 1.0 so I selected subsilver as the board style and it solved the size issue.

Selecting Subsilver fixes the width issue for you? I asked Pietro and I think he said it made no difference for him. I wonder what version of Firefox he has. I'm looking into the issue though.

Bobd: Haven't had a chance to try out Opera yet. I'll let you know how I like it though.

Had to dig really deep into the CSS but I think I fixed the width issue on Firefox. Anyone else using Firefox please let me know if the problem is still persisting.

Sign in to follow this