Ohm-Nei

Anybody with Tai Chi understanding, please check this out.

Hi,

Li Zheng is the official lineage holder for Funei pai Taiji. I believe he is the 6th Generation lineage holder.

I used to train with a disciple of Li Zheng, He Cheng De and their explaination of Funei pai taiji's claim is that is it the teachings reserved for the imperial body guards taught by the Yang family when they were hired to train the palace guards. Hence the word Fu Nei meaning "within the mansion"

I think it holds truth as they actually have 10 different forms with each form focusing on a particular training technique. Sounds very military like.

However, I believe the history is that the Yang family just taught silly kung fu to the palace guards as they were considered their babarin overlords (Manchurian).

I believe it to be true as I find the funei pai taiji superficial and had no internal content. This is just my personal opinion and my own experience only from my time with them.

mouse

Hi mouse. Thanks for the info on Fu Nei Tai Chi. Different styles of internal martial arts

sometimes take different approaches, yet they are all classified as internal martial arts.

I think one should be careful not to judge the style by the practitioner. Different

practitioners levels of skill and understanding vary. Also sometimes something is different

than what we are familiar with so we may be inclined to think it is inferior, but it may

be that we just don''t recognize the value since the approach is different.

Best wishes...

:)

Edited by Iskote

today i threw somebody across the room on accident using push hands, i think i nailed it put i couldn't do it a second time, i will never forget how it felt though, very interesting

today i threw somebody across the room on accident using push hands, i think i nailed it put i couldn't do it a second time, i will never forget how it felt though, very interesting

think "uprooting" ;)

Check out Joseph's (Feng Zhiqiang's disciple) fajins at 1:03:

But do not check out a hippie in a pink T-shirt's... :D