Sign in to follow this  
markern

Grounding through going into physical sensations?

I have been doing some bobyscanning lately. Normally when I do this I just feel whatever is there which means a combo of physical sensation and chi. Recently I have been playing with focusing only on hte physical sensation of the muscle and or the skin. So far this removes the sensation of chi. It just goes away for some time. When that happens my grounding problem seems to get a lot better because although I am still in my head, without so much energy, that ain"t so bad. Kinda like the difference between having a bit to much chi in the head and having too much kundalini in the head. So I am thinking to keep focusing on this to see where it takes me. Does anyone have any experience with this or opinions?

Technically ;-) your body sensation is all in your mind anyway. Now whether the latter is actually "located" just up in one's brain as opposed to in all kinds of places (I was just reading this brain in the heart, brain the gut stuff on here, next we "know" they'll find neurons everywhere else;-)) the sensation of there being "too much" up in the head is an interesting one that I've also struggled with.

"Ungrounded" for me now means "too much charge" and it can be pretty much anywhere. For grounding techniques per se, I have a few now, including the one you're using which is great (I also include, eat meat, take salt bath, send to earth, send to Dan Tien, MCO, do yoga, do hard physical exercise, stop thinking;-))

Cool post! Maybe another thing to look at would be why it could be important/healthy to folks to ground. Love to hear from the TCM practitioners.

The physical experience is your ground, so connecting to it is the best root. Zhan Zhuang in any posture is a great ground. Concepts of qi tend to muddy up the experience with thought forms, so I think you should continue to follow your intuition.

OMC,

you give it straight and simple, tis the only way to be imho. If this site had a 'add member to favorites' I would defnitely hit that button. :)

The physical experience is your ground, so connecting to it is the best root. Zhan Zhuang in any posture is a great ground. Concepts of qi tend to muddy up the experience with thought forms, so I think you should continue to follow your intuition.

OMC,

you give it straight and simple, tis the only way to be imho. If this site had a 'add member to favorites' I would defnitely hit that button. :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. You probably agree with me when I say this stuff doesn't need to be mystical.

I agree, it's totally simple and practical.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. You probably agree with me when I say this stuff doesn't need to be mystical.

Sign in to follow this