Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

ShivaShakti -

First of all I can vouch for the fact that certain FP meditations will turn gray hair back to the original color. I discovered this as I progressed to the advanced seated and was practicing 80 70 50 30 a lot, as I had just learned it. I had a blotch of gray hair on my arm that turned back to its original brown. And my salt and pepper facial hair returned to be more pepper than salt. This happened over about a month of practice focusing on that meditation. I was also doing the other Advanced Seated meditations.

The change in hair color was noticeable such that my wife and friends remarked about it, unprompted. Gradually I shifted my focus away from that particular meditation towards doing all meditations, so I don't know how much of my gray would have eventually transitioned back to my original brown with a focus on 80 70 50 20. But while I was putting an emphasis on this, it was pretty cool to watch happen right before my eyes.

80 70 50 30 is taught on Vol 7 Advanced Seated.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

Edited for clarification.

Edited by Fu_doggy
  • Like 2

ShivaShakti -

First of all I can vouch for the fact that certain FP meditations will turn gray hair back to the original color. I discovered this as I progressed to the advanced seated and was practicing 80 70 50 30 a lot, as I had just learned it. I had a blotch of gray hair on my arm that turned back to its original brown. And my salt and pepper facial hair returned to be more pepper than salt. This happened over about a month of practice focusing on that meditation. Until recently I did my practicing at night so I wasn't adding 98 80 50 20 to that very often, because that one keeps you awake. ;-)

The change in hair color was noticeable such that my wife and friends remarked about it, unprompted. Gradually I shifted my focus away from that particular meditation towards doing all meditations, so I don't know how much of my gray would have eventually transitioned back to my original brown with a focus on 80 70 50 20. But while I was putting an emphasis on this, it was pretty cool to watch happen right before my eyes.

To answer your question, 90 80 50 20 can be found on Vol 2 Basic Seated, and 80 70 50 30 is taught on Vol 7 Advanced Seated.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

Edited for grammar.

Thanks Fu dog

The 80 70 50 30 is confirmed at Vol 7 DVD.

So the MSW 50 70 20 10 that Sifu Terry has noted for gray-to-black(brown) hair, is actually 90 80 50 20??

Or maybe the vol 7 DVD, 80 70 50 30 is enough?

And any suggestion what DVDs to get for good looking skin? read your post on wrinkles.

BTW this thread is a success.. thanks to you as the thread starter and for all the contributors

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Oops, my bad on mentioning 90 80 50 20.... brain freeze. ;-) I've corrected my above post.

What I was practicing during that time was heavy sessions of Advanced Seated as taught in Vol 7, which noticably helped hair color, complexion and wrinkles.

The Advanced Seated on Volume 7 taught immediately after 80 70 50 30 has a breathing sequence of 70 50 20 10 and I was doing that one five nights per week as well. The combination of those did it for me, though I was cycling through all of the Advanced Seated several times per week.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

How long shouuld someone do Vol 1 & Vol 2 before advancing to the next set of exercises and which would be the next volume to do?

Oops, my bad on mentioning 90 80 50 20.... brain freeze. ;-) I've corrected my above post.

What I was practicing during that time was heavy sessions of Advanced Seated as taught in Vol 7, which noticably helped hair color, complexion and wrinkles.

The Advanced Seated on Volume 7 taught immediately after 80 70 50 30 has a breathing sequence of 70 50 20 10 and I was doing that one five nights per week as well. The combination of those did it for me, though I was cycling through all of the Advanced Seated several times per week.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Fu dog.

Ok this 50 70 20 10 is still not clear. but it is very possible that this is the 70 50 20 10. Maybe Sifu Terry can clarify it when he's not busy and have time to post.

But then again I am glad these two MSW meds are in the possibility of having them on just one DVD--on Vol 7 :)

And yes, it helps

Edited by ShivaShakti

Finally had an opportunity today to attend one of Sifu Terry's group classes today. Having never practiced FP with a group of experienced practitioners before, it was sublimely relaxing to do so outside on a beautiful sunny day.

• Like 1

unfortunately I had a detached retina operation, successful, but it has interrupted my practice as it requires horizontal head position during the first couple of weeks.

also i had been controlling bp with the practice that spiked at the time of the operation and is not yet responsive to chi the little bit of chi i have been doing. Right now i am discouraged over the prospects for some time to come.

Today I did a short sitting and short form standing since the head can now we upright for several minutes a t a time.

this accident also means that i cannot travel to Calif. for at least a month longer ..

well wish me luck folks

peace to all beings

Be careful that you get the breath control sequences correct at the start. If you make a mistake or drift, take 3 deep breathes to come out and start again. If you were too tired to get through the correct breath sequence after many tries, you did the right thing in going to sleep.

Yes, as Sifu Hearfield reminded you, be extra careful to end any FP practice with 3 deep breathes. You don't want to be walking around in a highly sensitized, somnambulist state but having the FP cultivation going on in your body without you knowing it.

Best,

Terry Dunn

Sifu Terry,

I was reading back some of the posts but this caught my attention.

This is very interesting, what if someone is doing Monk Holds Pearl in supine position in bed, and for reason his/her waking consciousness have slips in to sleeping mode? The whole night he/she is sleeping until the morning he/she wake-up?

I could have imagined that someone might overload lower tan tien, or accumulate/cultivate powerful lower tan tien? will the excess chi rise to upper tan tiens? or any danger re health?

Edited by ShivaShakti

unfortunately I had a detached retina operation, successful, but it has interrupted my practice as it requires horizontal head position during the first couple of weeks.

also i had been controlling bp with the practice that spiked at the time of the operation and is not yet responsive to chi the little bit of chi i have been doing. Right now i am discouraged over the prospects for some time to come.

Today I did a short sitting and short form standing since the head can now we upright for several minutes a t a time.

this accident also means that i cannot travel to Calif. for at least a month longer ..

well wish me luck folks

peace to all beings

Hello

Sorry to hear your story, I wish you luck and be well.

ridingtheox -

Sorry to hear about your retina detachment, but glad to hear your procedure was successful.

I had not seen you post in awhile and wondered what had happened.

I know you have had a daily practice of the FP Celestial Healing long standing form. I can imagine keeping your head horizontal must be somewhat limiting to say the least.

Also bummer you can't travel. That said, I know several people who have had a retina repair and that have all healed well...but it takes time.

All of us FP'ers wish you a speedy recovery!

Take care,

Fu dog

Edited by Fu_doggy

Yes I would like to know which DVD

I had gone though reading all the posts and all of the 95 pages.

anybody?

Hi Shivashakti,

Pretty much all of the advanced seated meditations in Vol.7--if practiced correctly and practiced on a regular basis after a solid foundation ("energy reserve") has been established in the preceding standing and seated exercises (Vols. 1 to 4) --effect allostasis, where the body's natural self-healing faculties are "turned on", and tangible, deep energy-permeation of the upper body and head is felt. I cannot guarantee that hair rejuvenation can or will take place for all FP practitioners. But I did and do experience it immediately upon practicing these Vol.7 Monk Serve Wine meditations that have the breathing sequences: 80 70 50 20; 70 50 20 10; 60 70 40 5.

Any other hair-raising experiences from other FP practitioners out there?

Best,

Sifu Terry

ShivaShakti -

First of all I can vouch for the fact that certain FP meditations will turn gray hair back to the original color. I discovered this as I progressed to the advanced seated and was practicing 80 70 50 30 a lot, as I had just learned it. I had a blotch of gray hair on my arm that turned back to its original brown. And my salt and pepper facial hair returned to be more pepper than salt. This happened over about a month of practice focusing on that meditation. I was also doing the other Advanced Seated meditations.

80 70 50 30 is taught on Vol 7 Advanced Seated.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

Edited for clarification.

Excellent report of proper practice, Lloyd!

Thank you for corroborating the rejuvenating effect of that particular Monk Serves Wine meditation from Vol.7. As I just posted in response to ShivaShakti question, I experienced it with several other MSW meditations, but in particularly with 70 50 20 10 as well--and in combination with 80 70 50 20. For the two are some of my favorite seated meditations. I'm so glad that the audience is now getting accurate reports of the FP Qigong's remarkable energizing and rejuvenating effects from practitioners other than myself. Three years of regular practice as you have done should produce repeatable and verifiable healing effects. Congrats, Lloyd and keep up the steady excellent practice.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Sifu,

I only have done Vol 1 & 2. I am assuming based on the above reply that there are more than the 3 Monk Serves Wine

meditations. At 62 I have very little grey hair but it would be fun to see what there is change back to blonde.

Andy

• Like 1

Hope this helps!

Lloyd,

Thanks again for your totally independent corroboration of the specific hair-healing effects of the Adv. Seated Meditations called "Monk Serves Wine." I had earlier posted that those same two MSW meds 80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10 in particular done are energizing to hair and brings original color back if done together, one set following the other set. You also described from your personal experience what I agree is the prerequisite level of training to attain such allostatic results. Your daily practice of these two MSW meds. for more than a month is what it takes!

Keep up the excellent quality of your practice...and you'll be doing Advanced Flying Phoenix (9 Meditations) soon.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry

Finally had an opportunity today to attend one of Sifu Terry's group classes today. Having never practiced FP with a group of experienced practitioners before, it was sublimely relaxing to do so outside on a beautiful sunny day.

Hi Gary, It was great to have you in class last Saturday and I look forward to working with you on your FP and Tai Chi Chuan. Yes, it was a fine morning. And I had discussed earlier on the thread, practicing with other experienced FP practitioners in a class is a totally different, synergistic experience that can double or treble the "normal" level of energy effects that come from secluded solo practice. Lots of material still ahead. See you Saturday!

Sifu Terry

Sifu,

I only have done Vol 1 & 2. I am assuming based on the above reply that there are more than the 3 Monk Serves Wine

meditations. At 62 I have very little grey hair but it would be fun to see what there is change back to blonde.

Andy

Hi Andy, Yes, there are a total of 24 "Monk Serves Wine" seated meditations. I have published in Vol. 2 of DVD series: 3 preparatory meditations and the first 3 MSW meditations. Then Vol. 7 contains 5 of the more advanced MSW meds.

AVailable through my website: www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Best,

Sifu Terry

Sifu Terry,

I was reading back some of the posts but this caught my attention.

This is very interesting, what if someone is doing Monk Holds Pearl in supine position in bed, and for reason his/her waking consciousness have slips in to sleeping mode? The whole night he/she is sleeping until the morning he/she wake-up?

I could have imagined that someone might overload lower tan tien, or accumulate/cultivate powerful lower tan tien? will the excess chi rise to upper tan tiens? or any danger re health?

ShivaShakti:

Because Flying Phoenix Qigong cultivates only the distinctive FP healing energy, and because the FP breath-control sequences by themselves go so far in putting the body in a meditative state where all the organ functions are regulated by the subconscious mind--or allostasis, a perfected yogic state, there is absolutely no danger of "overloading' the tan tien or any part of the body by falling asleep in any particular FP position. FP has a totally different energy-dynamic than other Qigong systems. In contrast, if one did a full practice of a heavily shen-focussed martial qigong exercise such as "Circling Palms" in the Tao Tan Pai system, and then fell asleep lying on one side of the body with, let's say, the right palm underneath the pillow directly underneath the right side of one's head, the energy vibrating off the palm would imbalance the energy in the head and cause extreme dizziness and disorientation. This I know from personal experience when I was first learning the Tao Tan Pai neigung in the 70's and made the mistake of doing Circling Palms and then falling asleep in the manner described instead of finishing the Power Yoga sequence with the 5-breath seated meditation that returns the energy to the tan tien through body mechanics and breath retention/release. But there is no such shen-directed focus of energy in Flying Phoenix practice. And even if the FP healing energy were concentrated somehow by force of will and shen-focus, the "imbalance" would instantly be rebalanced due to the nature of the Healing FP energy as I've described throughout this thread. As readers should be able to discern from my past descriptions of healing using the blue FP Chi, there is no such thing as a detrimental "overload." If you ever experienced an overload of FP healing energy, that's what's called a good problem--a very, very good problem!

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

well wish me luck folks

peace to all beings

Hi Charlie,

I'm so sorry to hear the news of your retaina detachment surgery and the fact that you're laid up for a while. I posted you a member-member email with my suggestions for getting through this healing phase. You've already started doing the gist of my prescription: do more of the FP Seated Meditations, especially the advanced ones in Vol. 7 that effect deep and thorough energy-permeation of the upper body and head. Good luck and heal-up.

Sifu Terry

Thanks Fu dog.

Ok this 50 70 20 10 is still not clear. but it is very possible that this is the 70 50 20 10. Maybe Sifu Terry can clarify it when he's not busy and have time to post.

But then again I am glad these two MSW meds are in the possibility of having them on just one DVD--on Vol 7 :)

And yes, it helps

Hi y'all, It's 70 50 20 10.

Sifu Terry

Hello Sifu Terry,

What DVD Vol is this? These two seated meditations that can turn-back ,gray hair into black hair again (brown)? is it in Vol 2 or Vol 7? or in both DVDs?

or anybody here who can answer?

This is a very long thread.. I started reading at the first page and 3 days now I am only at page 50. :wacko:

Sifu Terry really take care of his students questions and supports them really well. Very good of him i'd say.

Thanks

Shiva Shakti,

Thanks for reminding me of this old post from Sept. 7 2011. Gads, I had totally forgotten that the question was raised about the FP energy's healing effect on hair. Man, I've been posting to this thread for too long.

• Hint, hint, folks, I don't want to keep repeating myself, so please practice all the harder so we have NEW, yes totally NEW things to talk about!

Best,

Sifu Terry

Dear Sifu Terry,

I am really impressed with your dedication and patience to reply everyone on TB forum and for your vast knowledge of internal arts and martial arts. Kudos to you and your work.

Inspired by you I have obtained your first DVD and practiced for a two weeks now and I am truly amazed. Really really fantastic system, production and your explanations. I have few questions regarding this system and internal art globally.

1. In one of your previous comments you said: "FP Qigong, as you will find out, is a different system of Qigong, with a different alchemic method (formula) for cultivating its uniquely tangible healing form of energy." I thought that energy is energy and there is one "energetic anatomy" and no matter how you strengthen it it will be strengthened, and that only difference is how much some system form energy in our body in given period of time?

2. I am sorry in advance if I didn't understand you right in your posts that Flying Phoenix is whole medical system but in not whole alchemic/nei gong system. So if people want to further in energy development they should go deeper in Doo Wai practice? What part is missing to be a complete inner system? Are your 7 DVD's the complete FP system?

3. Do you know perhaps what made Grandmaster Doo Wai, Wang Xiangzhai, etc that strong in manifesting and controlling energy and energetic processes? I know a lot of people that are training some forms of qigong every day for 1-3h for 30 years and nothing, and Master Wang just did Zhan Zhuang and he went really in depth of controlling energy. Every individual with those kind of supreme energy control did different style/approach to training and because of that I cannot see any overlap in what they did except meditation and devotion to energy arts :) Furthermore there are some monks who never did any specific cultivation except lots of praying and they had tremendous amounts of energy and healing abilities. Is there something special that person has to develop as ability or make strong some energy structure to start developing those kind of abilities or you just practice daily energy work and meditation and it will come if you have those kind of potentials inside you :)

Best wishes.

Edited by Shagrath
  • Like 1

Hi, Shagrat. These are good questions you are asking. I was thinking the same. You see, there are few systems within Doo Wai family. And I wonder myself because Sifu Terry wrote that FPC is complete but at the same time it is only pure medical chi kung and this is only introductory level that was released on DVD's. Also there is a martial system inside Doo Wai family. It is Bak Fu Pai and Bak Mei Kung fu. There are another healing chi kung systems. And martial chi kung sytems.

Sifu Garry Hearfield from Australia and Sifu Christer Wretfors from Sweden teach these more advanced martial chi kungs. And there is another chi kung with healing aspects which consist of 72 levels. So to many systems for practicing. I tried to ask Sifu Garry about these systems and how to practice them correctly and if it is possible to learn COMPLETE Doo Wai family system by DVD's only and I have not recieved reply ( for 2 weeks now). May be because I am not in their VIP list. :) Sify Garry wrote on his website http://www.warriorbodybuddhamind.com/wbbm/ that if you wre not in VIP list your email will not be even replied. So I at the moment I stick with FP chi kung for self healing benefits and think to practice something else for spiritual purpose. I wanted to ask these questions here but I had read all thread prior to that and read that FPC is complete but it is still not clear enough for me and I would like to know as well what Sifu Terry will say here again. I realized that one would have to meet somebody from Doo Wai system in person for the full transmission

Hi Eugene and Shagrath,

As for me reading all the post here, starting from the first page up to the last page 95, (took me 5-6 days of reading!) FP has healing and martial side.

Sifu Terry's current DVDs 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, and 7, only have the healing system. but not the martial side--because it is dangerous to practice, as Sifu Terry said, and on top of that there is specialized herbal tonic, 5 herb combination, one of them is ginger, the rest are secret ;) That is to be used to protect your organs and nerves due to FP martial qigong is that powerful. and this herbal tonic combo is not published, because again, it is dangerous too.

There are still other FP advanced "healing" meds, that Sifu Terry has not published yet, or I think you will go to him directly for you to learn them.

it's worth reading all of the posts here.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

Hi Eugene and Shagrath,

As for me reading all the post here, starting from the first page up to the last page 95, (took me 5-6 days of reading!) FP has healing and martial side.

Sifu Terry's current DVDs 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, and 7, only have the healing system. but not the martial side--because it is dangerous to practice, as Sifu Terry said, and on top of that there is specialized herbal tonic, 5 herb combination, one of them is ginger, the rest are secret ;) That is to be used to protect your organs and nerves due to FP martial qigong is that powerful. and this herbal tonic combo is not published, because again, it is dangerous too.

There are still other FP advanced "healing" meds, that Sifu Terry has not published yet, or I think you will go to him directly for you to learn them.

it's worth reading all of the posts here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you ShivaShakti. It helps but it brings more questions. I have also read all the posts in this thread and that is why I asked that question. I don't want to conclude something about system that I don't know anything about, it is better to ask the expert if I got it right.

That is what I am interested also in, the FP martial qigong that is much stronger. How and why? You have your physical anatomy, 3 dan tiens, central channel, 8 extraordinary vessels, 12 organ channels, mind, consciousness,... Is it stronger just because its exercises develop more quickly and strongly mentioned structures, circulate more energy in body than FP or everything is the same just it addresses sinews also so you will have stronger punch/kicks, withhold punches/kicks,... So is it just FP="soft" qigong and martial="soft+hard" qigong, or something else?

• Like 1

Hi Shagrath,

I am still new to all of this QiGong.

Sifu Terry will probably answer your questions when his back re FP martial system. I would like to know it too. and how to possibly learn it.