Sign in to follow this  
DanC

Some great info on cold showers

I found this info on another forum..

Cold showers have the following positive effects:

*Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

*Cleans the circulatory system.

*Reduces blood pressure on internal organs.

*Provides flushing for the organs and provides a new supply of blood.

*Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.

* Contracts the muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes.

* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.

Many health problems are reduced or even eliminated over time by providing proper circulation of the blood to the affected area using the cold shower mback sideage.

"Ishnan" is the term used in the old days when people in India referred to cold showers (very cold showers). "Ishnan" is the point at which the body, by its own virtue, creates the temperature that it can beat off the coldness of the water. This happens when the capillaries open with the onset of the cold water. They close again during the course of the cold shower and it is at that point that all the blood rushes back to flush the organs and the glands. This process allows the glands to renew their secretions and "youth" (i.e. young glands) again returns to the body.

more ...

When you first start taking cold showers, you may find that you go through a time of experiencing small illnesses in the physical body such as colds or flu. What you must realise is that these illnesses were already present in the form of repressed emotions and toxins and cold water simply serves to expose them. Fear is often an issue here and people will use many excuses not to take a cold shower. After a couple of days of cold showering, most people report that they feel much lighter and happier. People have a tendency to 'glow' when they take regular cold showers and others remark upon how well they are looking. When taking cold showers regularly you may enjoy:

Improved Circulation/Detoxification/Weight Loss:

Cold showers extract toxins from the body, they improve circulation and help prevent cellulite, as well as slowing down spider and varicose veins formation. Improved circulation helps to eliminate toxins that are accumulated in layers of fatty deposits, which not only makes you feel better as the poisons are no longer affecting you, but helps you to lose weight as well. Improved circulation and the production of the body's natural blood thinning enzyme are greatly improved. This makes cold showers particularly effective in the prevention of heart attacks.

Less Stress

Cold water also draws tension away from the body. Tension is usually blocked energy, an old thought form or emotional baggage we have been carrying from a particular experience. These all become locked within the body and as we have regular cold showers these are drawn to the surface of our body and removed. Swimming in the sea or in fresh water also has the same effect. The sun expands and feeds our etheric body and the sea carries the negativity away. When swimming in a public pool however, you must remember that whoever has swum previously in that water leaves behind all their negative energy that the water has absorbed from them. Have a cold shower afterwards to get rid of what you may have collected.

More Energy and Vitality

Cold showers combat fatigue and restore energy as they help the adrenaline process that releases natural energy. By clearing the energy pathways or meridian lines within our physical and etheric bodies, cold showers induce sleep more easily and improve the quality of sleep.

* Hormonal Balance

In addition, cold showers stimulate the production of testosterone, the hormone that regulates sexual potency in men and oestrogen, the hormone regulating fertility in women. Cold showers improve sexual function and strength.

Strengthened Immune System/Faster Recovery Rate

Our body's immune system also benefits and this has been proven by medical research. The number of white blood cells produced increases with regular cold showers, significantly decreasing the likelihood of catching a cold or viral infection. In hospitals in the Midlands in the UK, it has been proven that those patients who had cold showers were able to go home four days earlier than those that did not! In Chernobyl in Russia, they are actually encouraging people to have cold showers to keep their immune system active because the environment in which they live is so full of pollutants.

Okay! I'm convinced...I'm gonna try it! But, more info, please. Does it work as well to take it after you've taken your regular hot shower in the morning? From what you said, it sounds like you should do it until you get used to the water...is that correct?

Have your normal shower and then end with 1-2 minutes of cold, make sure the

water runs over the entire body especially the genitals.

Have your normal shower and then end with 1-2 minutes of cold, make sure the

water runs over the entire body especially the genitals.

10117[/snapback]

i do it this way. the warm shower is about a minutes length and likewise with the cold shower part.

also it is fantastic to run the cold water down the spine. i believe it tones the nervous system. i have a hand-held shower head and let the water spray on my jade pillow, running all the way down my spine.

i don't shower daily. but everytime i shower now, i finish with the cold water. no more excuses for me haha.

i haven't come down with any illnesses.... but one detox response that i am noticing is that my sweat is smelling much much stronger than ever before, without any poor changes to diet or anything else.

i think using the epsom salts is also helping to draw out toxins through the skin.

I do a hot bath then cold shower. I was using coconut oil afterwards but have switched to almond oil and like it better. I'm noticing my tolerance to the cold is increasing and am thinking of moving on to throwing a bag of ice into the bath and doing it that way once or twice a week. I figure by the time I'm 40 I'll be one of those nuts who goes skinny dipping in frozen lakes.

Sign in to follow this