Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Using Robert Bruce's "Energy Work" for opening up the legs

Bruce's work seems a fairly straightforward and demystified resource for opening up channels. I've been doing Little Orbit Med. for several weeks now and the energy is spilling out all over the place. I've really opened up the channel from the tongue down to the LDT. Jwing Ming says lying down on your back is a great way to start opening the legs. I'm getting some good movement sensation, but I don't yet feel it coursing from the perineum; rather, it just pulses across the greater trochanter. I can make my big toes throb voluntarily but there are still gaps in the circuit.

I'd love to know if anyone else incorporated Bruce's work with more traditional practice. Risks? Rewards? It's so easy to make a soup out of the teachings.

Thanks in advance.

First, I have no idea about Bruce's system. So I can't comment there.

Getting qi down the legs is an amazing experience. I still remember when I linked them for the first time.

It was an afternoon and I was using a tree to help root my qi. When it hit the ground and "bounced" back up, I freaked out a little! Kinda ran around giggling for a while. Thankfully, the tree was in my backyard and nobody else saw this grown man giggle like a child after standing still for about 45 minutes...

Use a little guided pressure from standing to help push it down. Start with the Shaoyang channels first, they are on the side of the foot. Not sure why, but they were the easiest for me. Just gently and almost micro movement style, roll your foot out to the side during exhalations.

I was also using a tree to help guide my qi down that day...

:)

First, I have no idea about Bruce's system. So I can't comment there.

Getting qi down the legs is an amazing experience. I still remember when I linked them for the first time.

It was an afternoon and I was using a tree to help root my qi. When it hit the ground and "bounced" back up, I freaked out a little! Kinda ran around giggling for a while. Thankfully, the tree was in my backyard and nobody else saw this grown man giggle like a child after standing still for about 45 minutes...

Use a little guided pressure from standing to help push it down. Start with the Shaoyang channels first, they are on the side of the foot. Not sure why, but they were the easiest for me. Just gently and almost micro movement style, roll your foot out to the side during exhalations.

I was also using a tree to help guide my qi down that day...

:)

The foot shaoyang goes through the fourth toe according to acupuncture meridians, correct? Which meridian did it "bounce" back up? I've relied a great deal on anatomy for guiding my internal movement.

Incidently, Bruce does say the outside of the foot responds most readily to gentle palpation.

Thanks for sharing this.

Sign in to follow this